It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:45 am

St Johns River Florida this Summer 

Post St Johns River Florida this Summer
I will have the opportunity to travel the length of the Saint Johns River in Florida this Summer. It is 350 miles from marshes west of Vero Beach to the end at Jacksonville seaport. There will be 25 miles of slogging through marshland and irrigation channels in a canoe, before 50 miles of a maze of multiple channels scattered across a vast wetlands, then 300 miles of river to Jacksonville. It doesn't have to be all at once. I will begin the canoe part of the trip next month sometime, and the rest of the trip will be on a larger, 25 foot live-aboard sailboat. I could have all the fun myself, but it would be safer and easier with someone else along. It doesn't pay, so its more of an adventure than a job, but all the food, gas and other expenses will be paid once you get yourself here. PM me or email Sciencelookers@aol.com if interested.

Later this Summer will be camping aboard the same boat west of the Florida keys, exploring islands in Florida bay. Then in August will be night time photography of sea turtle hatchling rescue On Fort lauderdale beach. This will involve sleeping much of the day and being on the beach all night until 3 or 4AM. This is not a vacation in Fort lauderdale, you will be up all night and very tired, but its all adventure, and a very memorable experience. Contact me if you want in on the adventure.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:12 pm