It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:16 am

anamorphic lens 

Post anamorphic lens
hi all,
in a bid to distinguish myself from the crowd :roll: i have bough a couple of old school anamorphic projection lenses. also bought an anamorphic lens for the gopro. the plan is to use the gopro with the anamorphic adapter to be up and running straight away while i cobble / make something for projection lenses i bought. i could have bought an actual anamorphic lens for a camera but where's the fun in that ? anamorphic projector lenses are much cheaper to buy but there is some setup involved in getting them to work with camera lenses. its been abit like christmas in june here at the moment. let me just say projector lenses are huge waaay bigger than say pentax takumars lol

Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:20 am

Post Re: anamorphic lens
Hi. Is the black one Russian? They seem the most common on ebay.

The Isco should be good, was it expensive?

Should be able to separate the anamorphic front and use it with your Takumar lenses?

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:12 pm

yes the black one is a russian the first time i searched for one only a few turned up on the search engine i bought the cheapest one that looked the cleanest (hint people trying to sell stuff aught to at least make an effort for it to look presentable) i bought the isco a couple of days later. since then i been getting pages of results for the russians it's bloody weird that i could only find half a dozen the first time round. i could turn into a conspiracy theorist if this keeps up. ordered some support rails ,clamps cheese plates and a lens wrench just in case :-) . the first takumar i bought was declicked which may come in handy. surprisingly the canon fd 50 mm 1.4 ranks quite highly as a taking lens which is fortuitous as i have one stowed away with a t90 only problem is fd won't fit on ef mounts bit of an issue with flange mount differences from memory but i have an early canon that won't do hd so maybe i may start looking around for a new camera for hd perhaps. lots of experimenting and research to come :D

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:44 am

not exactly anamorphic,
but i also bought a copy of an s40 steadycam to play with might be overkill for a gopro but it does balance up nicely with two on top :)
i all ready modded it, the silver tube between the handle and gymbal adds 25mm of extension. i must have big hands perhaps The two quick release mounts i bought have levels on two corners which actually works quite well for balancing the thing however i think i will turn them 180 degrees so that their visible from the outside. their quite tiny but easier to use in the sun

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:24 am