It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:51 am

What to do while timelapsing? 

Post What to do while timelapsing?
Well,..what do you do when you set your equipment,and everything works and the only thing to do is to stand next to your equipment for 5,6 hours,..or sometimes days...I am afraid to leave my equipment all by itselfe so the best thing I do is sit next to it and smoke grass and enjoy the beauty of nature and sky :)

So what do you do? ^^

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:03 pm

Post Re: What to do while timelapsing?
I mostly walk around where I'm shooting with a second camera to get some still shots, I can also enjoy just sitting there and enjoying the views, or i can play pokemon on my 3DS (don't judge before you try it)
But most of the time i'll just sit there and enjoy the sights and sounds of where I'm at, to really absorb the environment I'm shooting (be it nature, city or industry)

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:59 pm

ive left my camera a few times at night, ill usually take my telescope as well if im shooting near my car. other than that i convince a mate to come along and have a few beers if were on foot.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:11 am

All mine are studio shots so I shut the door very very carefully and try to resist the temptation to check how it's going - I've buggered up a few by opening the door before time and causing the subject to shake. I do wonder what the neighbours think with a flash going off in the spare room every minute through the night.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:59 am

basalt wrote:
All mine are studio shots so I shut the door very very carefully and try to resist the temptation to check how it's going - I've buggered up a few by opening the door before time and causing the subject to shake. I do wonder what the neighbours think with a flash going off in the spare room every minute through the night.

I did the same thing when I was shooting plant/flowers I had a computer outside the "studio" (read spare bathroom) and then I didn't have to open the door to check my work.

tt

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:17 am

Buy a fishing rod
Combine's two of mine hobby's

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 am

I usually tromp around and setup a second and sometimes a third shot if conditions = epic enough. If I setup my stage zero setup first I try and snap a few behind the scenes stills before I throw camera two onto some sticks and set it to take 200-1000 pics. On of my better time lapse gear purchases was this little seat: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002A8L4ZA/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00 after all is setup I unfold, sit, have a beer or swill of tequila, a smoke if its offered, and contemplate the beauty of life and time. As far as leaving gear out, I do this also but only in areas I know people will most likely not arrive. And if they do I camo out the gear so it abides by the out of sight out of mind theory. So far so good.

I read in another thread identical to this that a man cursed at planes that fly by, and after reading that I to curse at them a bit and laugh, especially if they streak though a grand shot.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 am

Sitting and looking around.
And writing.
(Concepts, ideas and texts for videoproductions.)

At least that was what I did this morning from 4:30AM till 7:00AM.

It was hard to resist adjusting exposure during recording. (I was using a EX1R, not a DSLR.)

Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am

More often than not I'm shooting with friends so we take camping chairs, kick back and chat or plan out wild ideas for future projects – sometimes photo related, sometimes just stupid ideas for a laugh. If the conversation dries up we can always fall back to Angry Birds on the iPad.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:33 pm

I take in the nature....just relaxing if it is at night, very peaceful and quiet out in the dark and at time scary lol. I will listen to the van radio, and often run 2 other cams taking different shots time lapsed, so 3 cams can keep me a bit occupied. Drink coffee, diet drinks, and smoke cigarettes, play on the laptop. I think of equipment, future shots, and what I can do yo better myself at lapsing.
Now during the day if in public....well this is a bit difficult. People may come to ask questions of which I happily answer. For these day shoots I tend to just kinda sit there lol....can be a tad bit uncomfortable with people around wondering what you are doing :)

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:55 pm