It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:52 am

Filming/Camping Permits? 

Post Filming/Camping Permits?
I searched a bit but I'm sorry if there is already a thread about this. Please re-direct me!

Big question that keeps coming up for me is locations. How you do your thing without interruption or being accused of trespassing? I understand that nearly all national parks offer backcountry permits but it seems that even with this you are required to camp at designated sites that may not suite your framing. Wouldn't campfires from other groups throw off your game?

And then you have those destination locations such as Delicate Arch, overlooks in Yosemite, etc. These certainly aren't considered campsites right? Are you calling ahead and making it known that you will be camped out filming for 8-10 hours or do you just show up and hope nobody comes along?

Thanks for any insight!

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:53 am

Post Re: Filming/Camping Permits?
I am here in Canada and rules and regulations differ from place to place. I would call ahead to find out more info.
Privacy? Well to be honest....this is a hard one. They can tell you that you will have privacy but this cannot be guaranteed. Here is the reason....and this has happenned to me more than once. Example: You are out in the middle of nowhere and it is dark as you film, all of a sudden car lights approach and head straight at you. This may be security or police just checking what is going on. But now your "dark" shot may be ruined due to those headlights of the vehicle.
Nothing can be fully guaranteed as private....and this could be quite frustrating.
:)

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:25 pm