It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:54 pm

Rattlesnake Ridge @ Dawn Flicker problem 

Post Rattlesnake Ridge @ Dawn Flicker problem
I purchased PanoLapse with RAWBLEND a few weeks ago and shot a sunrise at Rattlesnake Ridge in Raw by locking down the Aperture at F2.8 and adjusting the shutter speed to achieve a good exposure. As the light changed every few minutes, I metered the shot and adjusted the shutter speed to obtain a good exposure by half-pressing the shutter and looking at the exposure compensation dial on my Canon. I never let the indicator get above or below a full stop before changing the shutter speed, but still dealt with Flicker after using RAWBLEND whenever the shutter speed was changed.

Here is the Video: http://youtu.be/5rRbEXVqgbM

Here are my questions:

Should I have underexposed the shots by a full stop or two? Would that have prevented the flicker when using RAWBLEND?
Was I metering incorrectly? Should I have been metering off the sky?
What went wrong? Suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

As an aside, I do not own Lightroom or GBdeflicker and cannot afford it right now.

If anyone can help me shed light on what to do I'd appreciate it for my next sunrise. Lugging photography gear up a mountain pre-dawn without anything to show for it is making me weary.

Thanks a bunch!

Brian

*REALLY SORRY! This should be in the New to Timelapse Forum. I was trying to figure out how to embed Youtube Videos and mistakenly posted this here in the Suggestions and Feedback forum*

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:59 pm