It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:24 pm

GoPro HD Battery Life 

Post GoPro HD Battery Life
I see the battery life in the gopro hd is 2.5hrs shooting video. Anyone know how long I would get out of it shooting a timelapse with 60sec intervals. I'm trying to check if it would be suitable for my needs. I'm also assuming that with a 32gb sd card it'll be the battery that dies first.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:30 am

Post Re: GoPro HD Battery Life
Mostly it's been 3 hours 35-45 minutes in 2/5/10 sec interval. And propably you can get same time even longer intervals! But if you want to do longer lapses, it's possible use USB-charger same time when you do your recordings.

Attachments:
File comment: GoPro HD with 12V USB-charger
gopro12v_usb.jpg
gopro12v_usb.jpg [ 91.66 KiB | Viewed 35599 times ]
Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:03 am

Thanks JuhaL.

I'm looking to set one up to run over several Days / Nights. Have you had any problems with the camera crashing (I've read there's a firmware fix to the 9999 problem). Or how about cold weather I see you're based in finland :)

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:46 am

goodmixer wrote:
Thanks JuhaL.

I'm looking to set one up to run over several Days / Nights. Have you had any problems with the camera crashing (I've read there's a firmware fix to the 9999 problem). Or how about cold weather I see you're based in finland :)

NP!

I had problems with my other memory card (Transcend 16GB class 6) in Gopro's time lapse mode, recording stops somewhere around 90-900 pictures and memorocard came very warm. After firmware update, that same card works now perfectly! I don't know about that 9999-problem, I can get only just about 8-9000 pictures in my 16GB card. ;)

Cold weather is not a problem, I tested it in -18 degree Celsius (~0ºF) last winter...
Battery life is way more than two hours.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:24 am

JuhaL,

Good to know camera can run in those kind of temperatures. I've picked up a goPro Hd and am quite happy with it. I'm getting 24,000 images on a 32Gb card my next problem is powering it in the field. I see you're using the cigerate lighter charger into a 12v battery. How long does this last for you? Any info on the battery specs? Thanks for all your help so far....

Regards

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:49 am

goodmixer wrote:
How long does this last for you? Any info on the battery specs?

I haven't tested it, so I don't know. Maybe it last few days, maybe several weeks... It's Yuasa 12V 7Ah.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:16 am

JuhaL. Thanks for all your help. Hopefully someone else will find this useful too.

Regards.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:30 am

Hi everyone,

i had a problem with the go Pro HD during a day/night timelapse. Suddenly it becomes very dark, there is no smooth transition. i think it has todo with automatic lighting issues.

thank you very much

I think someone else has the same problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe4D7B595g8

second: 1:11

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:01 pm

circassia wrote:
Suddenly it becomes very dark, there is no smooth transition. i think it has todo with automatic lighting issues.

The Go Pro HD is not good for low light conditions, so it pretty much blacks out when there is not enough light. I don't think it's really a problem (ie. you can't fix it), rather a limitation of the equipment.

- Fefo

Tue May 24, 2011 7:55 am