It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:12 am

Will this work? My power supply setup. 

Post Will this work? My power supply setup.
Hey everyone,

Just recently got the equipment for basic timelapse and really wanted your advice on whether my power setup would work for my DS2000 Mount.
I have been reading through these forums for awhile and still a bit iffy on if my ds2000 will short-circuit when connecting to my 12v battery.

What I have is (in pictures below)....
-Battery clamp that leads to female car adapter port, with the positive side wired with a glass fuse box.
-This connects to a male adapter that splits the car port into two female ports (Will be planning on setting up my dslr on a side line once my regulated dc adapter http://www.ebay.com/itm/170718414907?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3261wt_1141 comes in from ebay).
-One port is used to connect the male port that connects to the telescope ds2000 battery compartment. I have cut out the battery from its tiny wire (22+AWG?) and tied on a tamiya connector with ~18 AWG.
I also added a tamiya to the battery compartment for a backup supply.

My mains concerns is my design and whether it will work.
I was afraid that the tiny wires in the battery compartment might not be suitable to receive the 12v batter supply. I was also a tad bit nervous about the right fuse size for the positive clamp to the battery box...I was told at the autoshop to use 25A. I also have a spare set of 3A glass fuses that I will use for my camera later on, just was very curious at what you feel is right for such a setup and if you think it will work or if there should be improvements made before attaching it to power.

As much as I am tempted to plug it in now, I am hoping to get some assurance whether this was done right just so I dont lose out on all the time spent so far setting it up.

Check the pics below, sorry for the bad quality.

all the best,
Tony

(p.s. check out the fuzzy camera mount! I Really like it.)

Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:14 pm

Post Re: Will this work? My power supply setup.
It worked great, just in case anyone with a similar concern comes across this thread.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:48 am