It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Lumix DMC-TZ5 

Post Lumix DMC-TZ5
I thought you guys may interested in this article.
http://digitalscissors.net/?p=581&lang=en

Its a guide about how to use the panasonic tz5, a pretty popular camera, to make timelapses.

its a pretty comprehensive guide and pretty effective.

S

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:10 am

Post Re: Lumix DMC-TZ5
It is really interesting, I wonder what this tatsujin program is, as there is no reference to it on the Internet.

I have a panasonic TZ7/ZS3 and I have made time-lapse videos using the camera in continuous shooting mode and then pressing the shutter with a bolt fastened to the body of the camera with an elastic band.

Here is the resulting video:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:34 am

Yeah there is no reference and im having trouble even finding a developer that made it, i've heard of physically depressing the button during continous shooting mode. I havent tried it but here is a pretty badly edited video used in conjunction with that software and an old laptop.
http://vimeo.com/10330401

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:22 am

Hi, i'm the author of this blog and i'm currently trying to clean it up, didn't have much time lastly.

You can find the program easily by searching the term "tatsujin panasonic" on google.
I would host the program myself, but i'm not sure if i'm legally allow to.

The question is: is there still any interest in this, or should i just delete the post?
I managed to do several timelapses with this method up to 9MP quality, which is kinda crazy btw.

Please respond, thanks.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:13 pm

There is a neat programme for most of the Canon p&s cameras called CHDK which loads from the memory card without modifying the on-board firmware. Depending on the model you can get ridiculously high shutter speeds, like 1/100,000 of a second (that isn't a typo), a number of time lapse options and numerous other enhancements.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:31 pm

I actually did a timelapse with my TZ5 in fall 2008. It was done quite spontaneous without any real planing or preparation. The first day I saw them building up the food-stands, the next morning I planed to back to cafe glacier and take those pictures. The result is quite crappy from a technical standpoint, but for me the making and the result was so very exhilarating.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:37 pm

Sorry to warm up an old thread, but I'd really love to do timelapses with my TZ 5.

@digitalscissors: If you still have that post somewhere, I'd be happy if you could send it to me. I don't care if it's messy :-) Thank you!

Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:40 am