It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:29 am

RAW Timelapse Workflow Tutorial 

Post RAW Timelapse Workflow Tutorial
A tutorial/tour of my workflow with using RAW files for timelapse. Hopefully it helps a few people.

Mon May 16, 2011 8:47 am

Post Re: RAW Timelapse Workflow Tutorial
thanks for the tutorial - It might be a bit more instructive if you actually recorded your process rather than after everything is done - for example I have used RAW inside AE but I've never used the LRT app before and would like to see what the exact workflow is coming into AE, does it bring up the ACR dialog box and then do I just say ok? what does it look like. Since all the footage was already imported you never showed that part. It would be nice to see your entire process, you could even talk about your thought process in adjusting the files inside Bridge, how to get the look you are going for, etc..

timt

Mon May 16, 2011 2:20 pm

pixelbot wrote:
thanks for the tutorial - It might be a bit more instructive if you actually recorded your process rather than after everything is done - for example I have used RAW inside AE but I've never used the LRT app before and would like to see what the exact workflow is coming into AE, does it bring up the ACR dialog box and then do I just say ok? what does it look like. Since all the footage was already imported you never showed that part. It would be nice to see your entire process, you could even talk about your thought process in adjusting the files inside Bridge, how to get the look you are going for, etc..

timt

I'm actually recording a more comprehensive version of this from start to finish. I'll be updating this hopefully within a week or so. It does bring up the ACR dialog box in AE, just hit ok.

Tue May 17, 2011 8:28 am

Nice tutorial. I have a PC. For rendering/outputting the video with QuickTime, what do you think would be the best codec to maintain the high res. quality for Vimeo?

Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:25 pm

maverick06 wrote:
Nice tutorial. I have a PC. For rendering/outputting the video with QuickTime, what do you think would be the best codec to maintain the high res. quality for Vimeo?

x264 encoder, readily available with a quick google. It's an improved H.264

Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Hey guys, sorry to bump my own thread but the new tutorial is finally here. Covers everything for RAW timelapse pre to post production. If you have any questions I'll be monitoring this thread and the Vimeo comments.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:18 am

Great video, thanks for sharing and putting the effort on doing it I learned a lot

Thu May 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Hello Redowl,

I very recently saw your Raw time lapse tutorial (v2) and was very impressed at how precise you were. Very well done!

I am new to raw time lapse and the tutorial was very helpful, however, my end result was not smooth at all. I did the prores 422 (HQ) change like you did in the video and when I open the finished product in quicktime, or anything else, it plays extremely jumpy. It will play the first frame, maybe the second one, and then jump to one of the last frames. I figured it might be because I'm running off a macbook, so I put the file on a flash drive, and moved it over to my imac, hoping the faster computer would play it smoothly, but quicktime opened an empty black window instead of playing the time lapse.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated, like I said I am new to this, but time lapse has totally inspired me and I want to learn how to make some really pretty videos like the people on this forum. Thank you,
Miles

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:00 am