It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:43 am

New Photography On Youtube Trying to Get Known 

Post New Photography On Youtube Trying to Get Known
Hello Everyone,

I have recently started a new channel about photography on youtube that I show off some of the shots I have taken, and its not the easiest to get known and have your videos be watched. It would be so amazing if you guys could stop by and tell me what you think. Im sixteen and love nature so most of my photos are based around that. Like is said it would be really cool if you guys could stop by view my videos and subscribe and comment. Thanks a lot. Matt

Link: Youtube

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:21 pm

Post Re: New Photography On Youtube Trying to Get Known
nice pics.... what I don't understand is why do you use youtube for stills? It is clearly a video plattform and I wonder everytime when people make slideshows for youtube. Why not flicker or something like that...

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:48 pm

I'd agree with Alec, but its a minor issue. All my stills and some of my less interesting video is on Flickr, I should be saving my Youtube channel for the good stuff. Recently I posted a bunch of tests on Youtube and am having trouble trying to delete them. The tests should have been on Flickr. The mistake is obvious now, but what can ya do?

You have some very nice stills. I especially like the limited depth of field on some of them. The tree growing out of the rock cliff is nice, and the super tele sunset with people in the foreground is great. Every tourist shoots the sunset. Photographers put a foreground in. The iguana and the beach remind me of the Bahamas, so you get extra points because I like it there.

You will not be discovered on Youtube or even Timescapes no matter how amazing your films become. You will get the chance to impress some of the best photographers on the planet, which has been the thrill of a lifetime for me, but no jobs will come of it. If you want to do photography, as a career, go to film school.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:20 am

sciencelookers wrote:
If you want to do photography, as a career, go to film school.

I'm a huge fan of autodidacticism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autodidacticism). It is amazing how much more you can learn this way. I have learnt almost everything about how to shoot timelapses in many differnt ways through this forum and interacting with some of its members. self testing etc.

Keep up the good work and find themes on which you can work. fail. learn. try. struggle. succed. enjoy. fail. learn. carry on...

:)

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:07 pm