It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:58 pm

Raspberry Pi Camera Board 

Post Raspberry Pi Camera Board
Hadn't seen these mentioned on here yet, but the GoPro thread just made me remember I'd seen these so thought I'd post it.

A camera board for the Raspberry Pi, coming soon. 5MP stills, 1080p video, with virtually unlimited storage potential (over WiFi, for example).

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/3224

I had heard mention somewhere that these were looking to be priced at about £30-35 each. Given the price of the Raspberry Pi, it looks to be a decent alternative to a GoPro in dodgy situations (assuming the quality's there) where you wouldn't want to risk a DSLR (especially if somebody can come up with a nice inexpensive case to hold it all). Even better if it'll actually let you get some form of manual control over exposure, and it's not just doing it all automatically like the GoPro cameras.

Let's face it, if you can build a homebrew GoPro HD for less than $100 with HDMI output, and a lot of extra cool functionality that you get to specify, you're gonna give it a go, right? :)

There had also been a suggestion at the bottom of this post that there's sockets on the Pi for two of these cameras -although one's labelled as DSI for displays, rather than CSI for cameras, so I have no idea if it'd actually work, and it says they've not tested it themselves yet - but there's potential for 3D 1080p and 3D stills capture for timelapse on a single Pi board with a smaller form factor than you may get with something like this.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Post Re: Raspberry Pi Camera Board
That sounds very promising! Maybe gonna give it a try as well when it's ready.

vimeo.com/fabianschmid

Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:23 pm