It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:59 pm

Sony A77 

Post Sony A77
Hello Timescapers,

I'm new to the world of time lapse and would like to have some opinions about the Sony A77.
I live in a tropical place with humidity is at around 70 - 90% most of the year which does effect my equipment as you can imagine.
The A77 has a weather sealed body and the primary use would be for small 15-20 second outdoor clips for clients. I do have older Minolta lenses which would fit.

Even though most of the People here use either Full Frame Nikon or Canon's, my budget does not allow me to look into those particular systems at the moment.

What do you think of the A77? If somebody has this camera, how does it perform? Does it have the quality for and can it be used in a professional environment?

Thank you.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:56 am

Post Re: Sony A77
I'm using a Sony A57, also in the tropics but not in a terribly humid area. Much more of a down-market machine than the 77, but I'm happy with it, and the old Minolta lenses that tempted me to go Sony in the first place. I find the image quality, and especialy the low-light performance, considerably better than my previous A350.

Kit

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Post Re: Sony A77
Kitwn wrote:
I'm using a Sony A57, also in the tropics but not in a terribly humid area. Much more of a down-market machine than the 77, but I'm happy with it, and the old Minolta lenses that tempted me to go Sony in the first place. I find the image quality, and especialy the low-light performance, considerably better than my previous A350.

Kit

Thanks Kitwn,

I went ahead and ordered it from Adorama. Awesome deal $899.00. Camera, additional vertical battery grip, 32gib card, $50 gift certificate, bag. for and additional $48 i got the 70-300mm lens with it. Next month I will get the Tokina 11-16mm lens. Excited!!!!

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:41 pm