It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:26 pm

Timelapse from your PC, Mac, or Android device to the cloud 

Post Timelapse from your PC, Mac, or Android device to the cloud
Stan here from http://www.dropfrog.com . DropFrog recently released browser based software to capture images from the camera on your PC, Mac, and Android device and push directly to the cloud. There is a motion detection option as well as an option to take a picture every 10 seconds. This might be ideal for simple timelapse projects. Not as sophisticated as dedicated camera setup, understandable, and you need to have an internet connection, but might fill a need. For timescapes users I have created a free token which you can experiment with and which is valid until Dec 7th, 2014. Log in using the server name "mercury" and the token "timescapes". Everyone using this same token is connected to the same cloud repository and the snapshots are viewable by anyone who logs in using that token. Feedback is welcome. Have fun!

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:57 am

Post Re: Timelapse from your PC, Mac, or Android device to the cl
This program would be awesome for construction timelapse and seasons timelapse. I think there could be a real market for it in this field. Can it be modified to save just one picture per day for this purpose? Even better would be to take several pictures throughout the day and blend them to reduce the wicked flicker caused by changing illumination. Everyone doing construction lapse asks for a way to send the pictures out to a remote computer, and for a way to monitor the images without having to go back to the site or disturb the on-site hardware. Good luck with it. I think it has a lot of potential in this application.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:22 am

Thanks for the feedback. I think the option to have a one day interval is a great idea.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:51 am

A similar app has been created to support intervals from 10 seconds to a day and the resulting images are emailed right to you. The app is free. https://dropfrog.io/mollie/index.html

Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:58 pm