It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:23 am

Irix 15mm f2.4 

Post Irix 15mm f2.4
Looks like a sweet and economical option for the super wide department, compared to the price tag of the Nikkor 14-24 f2.8 or the Canon 11-24mm.

I particularly like the idea of a focus lock and the audible confirmation for Infinity focus point.

Will be interesting to see how received, and great for the 5DS(r) too.

http://irixlens.com/15mm.php

Cheers,
Mark.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:08 pm

Post Re: Irix 15mm f2.4
Hopefully it is a "perfect" lens. Tamron 15-30mm is only about $200 - $300 more and pretty good so... not sure if I would get the Irix unless it really is phenomenal.

I have both Tamron and Nikon UWA zooms, like them both. Corners could still be better though, so interested in seeing lens reviews for this bad boy.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:38 am

Post Re: Irix 15mm f2.4
I just sold my Nikkor 14-24mm and in flux with regards to where I'm gonna go DSLR wise. I was thinking Sony but still not convinced. Apparently there will be some update about the continued Sony mirrorless evolution in August, some think an announcement of the continuation of the A series with what some tout as being the A9 with, again, a projected potential that it could be a 72MP beastie. The whole Sony battery longevity issue would need serious attention IMHO, this over third party solutions that increase backcountry loads on ever ageing legs!

It's either that or I continue my Canon affair. Plus side to that is I have the glass, the batteries and the grips etc seeing as I also recently sold just the 5D3 body. Could be the 5Dsr? Either way I think this glass will fill a niche slot and at that price it should be a good contender. Slightly cropping the corners if CA is problematic but by all looks some early tests show it to be negligible.

Decisions, decisions.
Cheers.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:18 pm