It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:47 pm

Dragonframe External Shutter. 

Post Dragonframe External Shutter.
Hey folks.

Using a DMC-16 here, I know not a lot of people on here use this thing. Hoping somebody may be able to help.

There is a DMX port in the back for a shutter release. I chopped it and terminated it to a 3.5mm jack. The external trigger would hit my home made splitter. This is an arduino with a shield i built that has 10 optically isolated channels. I have used it without issue for years.

Everything was fine until yesterday. It no longer triggers anything when running a routine, test shots, nothing.

If i shut off the DMC-16, all the cameras fire. That tells me the cable is good.

In Dragonframe under preferences i have External Trigger enabled, and on the camera I have shutter set to External.

No matter what i try, i cant get the damn thing to trigger.

Even removing it from the splitter direct to a camera, Nothing.

Dragonframe DOES trigger my Canon 6D which is on my rig via USB fine, but i need to trigger the rest of the cameras too.

There is an external trigger, i might be able to assign it to trigger the cameras, but this sort of sucks. The DMC-16 hardware SEEMS ok, if the relay within was not functioning i would imagine it would not trigger all the cameras when i turn it on/off.

I re-loaded the firmware to it, while it was going through that routine the external trigger was plugged into the splitter and triggered the cameras repeatedly.

Any thoughts?
I do have a trouble report into Dragonframe..

I sure wish there was a dragonframe users support forum.......

Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Post Re: Dragonframe External Shutter.
Quote:
I sure wish there was a dragonframe users support forum.......

Next best thing since DF site forum closed, not sure if it will be much help and I suspect you may already know of its existence :(

https://www.facebook.com/Dragonframe/?fref=ts

http://www.vimeo.com/user1214873/videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrReggub

Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:51 am

Post Re: Dragonframe External Shutter.
Thanks Mike!

I ended up with a workaround by putting a Yongnuo remote flash trigger on the canon and plugging the receiver into the splitter.

So far it seems to work as a temp solution, I am hoping the Dragonframe support team will be able to help. Hopefully they are not already tired of me.

Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:09 am