It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:42 pm

Kis MoCo - THE LENGTH OF THE SLIDER WILL SUIT YOUR NEEDS 

Post Kis MoCo - THE LENGTH OF THE SLIDER WILL SUIT YOUR NEEDS
Here is my new three axes slider. The innovative KIS MoCo system transfers 12V DC via the tracks themselves, hiding any unsightly or clumsy wires. With this cutting-edge design, the slider can exceed lengths of any other sliders currently on the market. The touch screen display and wireless control are just a small part of the KIS MoCo. As with all typical KIS designs - there are no tool, belts, or wires visible or needed.
http://www.kismoco.com/

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Post Re: Kis MoCo - THE LENGTH OF THE SLIDER WILL SUIT YOUR NEEDS
Really impressive if you made this yourself!
Looks really heavy though!

Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:35 pm

All of our products are light weight, sleek, and our unique connective tracks allow for track lengths of over 20 meters/70 feet. If you prefer to use your own tripod, each track is available without legs and with mounting holes. Each track is designed to easily be connected to any other tracks via adjustable clamps. KIS MoCo offers variety of Stands and extension tracks. The Compact Stand 48" (122 cm) is ideal for traveling. When folded, Compact Stand is 25"(63.5 cm) long, 6"(15 cm) wide, 6"(15 cm) high and 8.8 lb (4 kg) heavy.
All detailed information is on my website:
http://www.kismoco.com/

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:10 pm

You sure have been quiet about the development of this very impressive system. I like it a lot. The extendable track and its legs are great, as is the ability to backpack a very long track into the bush and run it on battery power. A few years back, I did some work with a 20 foot single piece monorail track. That sucker weighed 50 pounds and was a real challenge to carry through dense forest while attempting to navigate between randomly placed trees. I really wish I had this thing then.

The wireless joystick controllers are brilliant. Wireless and joystick are the two most asked for features in a controller. Also, I have never seen two dollies on the same track operating independently of each other. I hope some of the people doing stopmotion animation make use of this for moving a model and camera. BTW, I don't see a stopmotion feature. Sorry if I missed it while looking over your website. If you don't have it, this would be a useful feature to add. Just set up the shot as you would for timelapse, but allow an input from the controller to fire the camera and move to the next position.

I was especially impressed with the movement that pans the camera to aim at a stationary object as the dolly moves past it. This is an especially tricky move because the pan has to move slow at first, then speed up as it passes close to the subject, then the pan speed has to decrease again as it moves away. Is there a dialog with the controller so you can tell it how far from the track the subject is, or do you set keyframes for each axis when needed?

Another suggestion would be some sort of power socket on the trolley so focus and zoom motors could be added in the future. This suggestion is quite biased because we make focus/zoom/aperture motors (and do it here in the US as well). If you would like to discuss the possibility of us making lensmotors for the system, you can contact us through Stepoutmoco.com. We already make lensmotors for Dynamic Perception, eMotimo and Dragonframe systems. Our newest product is a bluetooth controlled realtime focus/zoom system which might work well with your system. We would be happy to work with you on this. We could also make a focus system with its own internal battery if your design is fixed and you don't want to add a pass through socket for power.

This is a very innovative system. You have obviously put a lot of effort into creating it. I hope you do well with it.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:27 am

Thank you very much for your support. The KIS MoCo systems were designed over several years in consultations with hundreds of professional and amateur photographers and videographers. Our chief aim was to resolve the problems of weight, bulkiness and length limitations of slider tracks.
To your questions,
Besides joystick, each remote has two buttons. The second button is for use as a camera trigger while operating the slider manually.( I'll make short video about this feature). Time lapse mode uses Shoot - Move - Shoot ( SMS ) technology (showed on the video).
The base of the system is to set two key frames (Start point and End point). If only one axis is set with these two points, it maps between these two keyframes. If two or three axes are set with the same keyframes, all axes move evenly together between these two keyframes.
Fourth axis is already added to my software for zoom or focus. I have the technical solution for this too, but I wasn't so sure how much it is important. New cameras have now auto-focus. I'm going to add this feature too. Thanks for suggestions. I have now your contact information.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:12 pm

This video shows how easy it is to set up KIS MoCo Stand

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Our friend Turk Fergusson just made this video using our equipment

Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:50 pm

pardon my ignorance but the way i read it, if your using the tracks as conductors themselves power is traveling on the tracks aren't you worried about a possible short at some point ? unless you meant hidden wiring which is ok of course :-)

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:51 am

It is advanced technology. The system is absolutely protected from short circuit. Even if you would put piece of metal across the slider or if you would place the slider directly on the ground. In fact, I made a video about this part, but I didn't publish it.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:11 am