It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:10 pm

New Ramperpro bulb ramping intervalometer $500 USA ship free 

Post New Ramperpro bulb ramping intervalometer $500 USA ship free
I am selling my Ramperpro bulb ramping intervalometer. I got it from Elysiavisuals and paid over 470 euros for it, which is over $600. I also got the light sensor so it can automatically track the light while ramping exposure through sunset. I also got the motion control package of cables and optoisolator which let it work with Dragonframe, eMotimo and Dynamic perception controllers. It is all brand new, never been used.

I am selling it because I spent a week trying and am still unable to understand how to upload new firmware which it would need to work with my Canon 6D. You can read about firmware updates on their website
elysiavisuals.com
I have the two required programming devices, the pocketAVR from sparkfun and the other board from Elysia. Both of these devices came directly from Elysia, not other vendors, so they are definitely the ones you need. I have successfully uploaded the regular firmware, but was unable to figure out how to upload the little internal firmwares A and B (see the instructions on the Elysia site). It should be easy for anyone familiar with computers or if you have children who can explain it to you. You have to download and install AVRDude and some other stuff onto your computer to do it.

Don't pay full price and shipping from Europe, then wait forever for it to arrive. My loss is your gain. It is in USA right now and I will ship to any other USA address with flat rate box from the post office.

here is the listing on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1307134968

I also have a little bramper and a JSR bulb ramping intervalometer. PM me if interested in either of those.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Post Re: New Ramperpro bulb ramping intervalometer $500 USA ship
Hi, I'm only just hearing of this device now. I've been using the little Bramper for ages. After researching it I want one but I'm upgrading to 6ds now and I'd be 10 times more computer illiterate than you...... so sorry I can't buy this yet :)

Question though. What will you be using to bramp with? Is there others on the market? And you selling a little Bramper? Would you ship to Sydney?

Thanks

Owen

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:06 am

Hi Owen, Nice new avatar picture. I am still a turtle. My JSR ramping intervalometer is one of the original ones made by John Schnurr himself! To make it even sweeter, it comes in the custom case which was made for them early on. I guess I was one of the few who paid extra to get one in the case, because the case is no longer available (unless you buy my JSR, in which case, it comes with the case). Here's a link to the site that describes how to use it.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12152

My little bramper is also not a DIY, it was one of the last ones built by Tom Bethel! It has no case, it will come in the same box it arrived here in.

Asking $100 for either of these.

At one time or another, I got each of these, planning to do a bramping shot showing night falling on the beach before the sea turtles arrive. Obviously I never got around to doing it with either of the brampers. There was too much to do during turtle time for me to spend hours babysitting it. The Elysia one had the promise of unattended bramping in automatic mode, which would let me set up the shot and do other things while it ran. Turtle time is over for another year here and the ramperpro is still not functional because of the pain in the butt firmware procedure. To answer your question, I have given up on the shot. Its not that important to the movie. The ramperpro was really expensive, but I had encouraged Andre and requested features on it, so felt like I should support his project. So those were my reasons for buying it in the first place. I don't have some secret device thats better. As far as I know, the ramperpro is the best device for the job. I'm just planning on not bramping. Its not a critical shot for me. Maybe someone with experience bramping will join the expedition next year.

I think either of them will fit in a medium flat rate box from the post office which would ship internationally for $62. Not sure how long it would take or if customs would hold it for ransom. UPS or Fedex would probably charge more to ship than would make sense to pay.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:42 am

sciencelookers wrote:
I am selling my Ramperpro bulb ramping intervalometer. I got it from Elysiavisuals and paid over 470 euros for it, which is over $600. I also got the light sensor so it can automatically track the light while ramping exposure through sunset. I also got the motion control package of cables and optoisolator which let it work with Dragonframe, eMotimo and Dynamic perception controllers. It is all brand new, never been used.

I am selling it because I spent a week trying and am still unable to understand how to upload new firmware which it would need to work with my Canon 6D. You can read about firmware updates on their website
elysiavisuals.com
I have the two required programming devices, the pocketAVR from sparkfun and the other board from Elysia. Both of these devices came directly from Elysia, not other vendors, so they are definitely the ones you need. I have successfully uploaded the regular firmware, but was unable to figure out how to upload the little internal firmwares A and B (see the instructions on the Elysia site). It should be easy for anyone familiar with computers or if you have children who can explain it to you. You have to download and install AVRDude and some other stuff onto your computer to do it.

Don't pay full price and shipping from Europe, then wait forever for it to arrive. My loss is your gain. It is in USA right now and I will ship to any other USA address with flat rate box from the post office.

here is the listing on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1307134968

I also have a little bramper and a JSR bulb ramping intervalometer. PM me if interested in either of those.

I am sorry to hear this. First there is no reall need to upgrade the A and B firmware yet since the default ones will just work fine! They are only there for early adopters. You can perfectly use the device with your Canon 6D with your current setup. The newer A and B firmwares are only needed for the upcoming motion control features that will be released in a few weeks. Then the RamperPro will also be able to upgrade itself so that you don't need the current drivers that are mostly Windows8 related. You still need that programmer; but that's just plug-it-in and press one button. No more Windows driver issues :-). Web updates are already there for the main firmware, but they will be released for firmware A and B too as soon as the motion control add-on is available.

The new motion control features are really exciting. I am currently testing a 5 stepper motor setup that gives slide/pan/tilt/zoom/focus that you can easily setup by using the RamperPros' built-in accelerometer. Just tilt the unit and the motors will move. And that is why you would need the new A and B firmwares for (in the future).

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:44 am

Owen wrote:
Hi, I'm only just hearing of this device now. I've been using the little Bramper for ages. After researching it I want one but I'm upgrading to 6ds now and I'd be 10 times more computer illiterate than you...... so sorry I can't buy this yet :)

Question though. What will you be using to bramp with? Is there others on the market? And you selling a little Bramper? Would you ship to Sydney?

Thanks

Owen

Again; the new upcoming firmware of the RamperPro will make it possible to update the complete unit without a PC/Mac; no more Windows driver horror :( . Just connect the RamperPro to the Internet, press the update button and follow the directions that are displayed on the touch screen of the unit. All major camera's from Nikon and Canon are supported and they will give you fully automatic ramping with the light sensor and the histogram analysis of the RamperPro.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:10 am

Thanks for clearing that up.

Owen

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:15 pm

Owen wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up.

Owen

I can understand the frustration of sciencelookers. I am using common stuff in the RamperPro. But the hardware is a bit complex with an embedded Linux board and two microcontrollers. These three all run their own software stack. Supporting all operating systems/computers to upgrade the microcontrollers is a bit hard. (but not needed for now). Windows was the hardest one to support to all customers.

This complex hardware is not for nothing. The RamperPro can make 3D ramps and it can even ramp with a Nikon and Canon at the same time.

The update issues will be fixed for good in a few weeks :-) by removing the need to use a computer at all to update all of the RamperPro firmwares.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:33 am

The RamperPro is a really good ramper, the best I've used (I've also used Little Bramper, DSLRdashboard, and Timelapse+). The ramps are very smooth and I like the interface better than other rampers I've used. Like sciencelookers, I found the regular (or Main) firmware easy to upgrade. I have not had to upgrade the other two "embedded" firmware versions yet, so I can't comment on those. But, I am using the RamperPro with a Canon 6D and 70D.

Sciencelookers, what main firmware is on your RamperPro? And will it not work with your 6D at all, or are you just running into problems with the RamperPro completing a timelapse ramp you've set up? I ask because I've run into a couple of issues, but I've been able to resolve them. I ran into one really strange issue where the RamperPro stopped the timelapse and actually locked up. Without going into a lot of detail, I finally figured out it was not the RamperPro that was the problem but rather a communication issue between a Sigma lens and the 6D. If the issue is that the RamperPro is working intermittently with your 6D, I might be able to offer some suggestions you could try.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:49 am

Thanks for the offer of help. I tried the ramperpro as it came out of the box. It stopped firing the shutter after five or six exposures. Andre informed me that I was 24 revisions behind in firmware. The main firmware was easy to upgrade, then it said I should upgrade the little A and B firmware and I was unable to do it. It might work now, without the MOCO functions run by A and B. I didn't know it didn't need them to just run the camera. I will try it this weekend to see if the main firmware has fixed it. The 6D does not have a flash synch socket, so I use a Wein adapter in the hot-shoe. Maybe it doesn't like that. My plan is to cancel the auction if i can get it to work right, but if someone buys it in the meantime, its sold. Its a good deal. I paid more for it than I am asking and I offer free shipping to anyone in the US. I'll let you know if I have any questions after trying it this weekend. Wanna buy a little bramper or a JSR ramping intervalometer? I got them as well. Maybe I should have a garage sale or something.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:37 pm

sciencelookers wrote:
Andre informed me that I was 24 revisions behind in firmware.

Which is a lot of missed updates right :-)? All majors issues have always been fixed within 24 hours.
gregorydh wrote:
The RamperPro is a really good ramper, the best I've used (I've also used Little Bramper, DSLRdashboard, and Timelapse+). The ramps are very smooth and I like the interface better than other rampers I've used. Like sciencelookers, I found the regular (or Main) firmware easy to upgrade.

That's what I claim too :-), but I am really happy to see this claim from real users! I spent a lot of time in perfecting the light sensor algorithm so that the RamperPro can make non linear ramps (by correctly following the speed of chaning light). The histogram mode, where the images from the camera are analysed by the RamperPro, can then act as a hand break to accomplish correct exposure to the right histograms. This is the area where even further improvements can and will be made! This is currently under development parallel to the development of a four stepper motor add-on.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Gregory, what hotshoe to pc synch adapter did you use? I tried it again using a Wein hotshoe adapter I had left over from the 35mm days and when I had to switch from manual to bulb, it fired the shutter once then quit. It gave a message on the lcd that said it timed out because the pc connection was not found. Maybe if I buy the same hotshoe to pc synch connector you used, it might still work?

Andre, is there some way you could make it beep when it needs to shift from manual to bulb? I wasn't there staring at the ramperpro screen, so the only way I knew to shift from manual to bulb is when I heard it stop shooting. There would have been a jump in the timelapse if it had continued. If it can't beep, maybe some sort of countdown on the lcd so the user knows when to expect the shift to be required?

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:03 am

sciencelookers wrote:
Gregory, what hotshoe to pc synch adapter did you use? I tried it again using a Wein hotshoe adapter I had left over from the 35mm days and when I had to switch from manual to bulb, it fired the shutter once then quit. It gave a message on the lcd that said it timed out because the pc connection was not found. Maybe if I buy the same hotshoe to pc synch connector you used, it might still work?
to expect the shift to be required?

I already gave you an elaborate reply via mail. Please check that first? I guess that hot shoe isn't really good? You can always check if you have a voltage meter. There should be around 2.2Volts between ground and the X (middle pin) when you connect it to the RamperPro. This must be the hot show since there are MANY 6D shooters that use the RamperPro without issues.
sciencelookers wrote:
Andre, is there some way you could make it beep when it needs to shift from manual to bulb? I wasn't there staring at the ramperpro screen, so the only way I knew to shift from manual to bulb is when I heard it stop shooting. There would have been a jump in the timelapse if it had continued. If it can't beep, maybe some sort of countdown on the lcd so the user knows when to expect the shift to be required?

There is no beeper inside the RamperPro. You can always check on the runtime screens of the RamperPro when you are reaching the value that you set for "start bulb speed". I am considering a screen that you are mentioning in a future firmware that indicates manual actions like the placement/removal of ND filters as soon as ND filter support is ready. I can add an indication for set to Bulb too. Please not that this is only an "issue" on Canon since all supported Nikon camera's can be set to Bulb mode by the RamperPro automatically.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:18 am

Hi sciencelookers - sorry it took so long to respond... I've been at the Oregon Star Party with my son this week. The hotshoe pc sync adapter I use is this one: http://flashzebra.com/products/0156/index.shtml

I like this because it has both a screwlock PC connector and miniphone jack.

Greg

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:12 pm

gregorydh wrote:
I like this because it has both a screwlock PC connector and miniphone jack.

Greg

These are best since the RamperPro is provided with two screwlock PC cables!

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:22 am

OK, I just ordered one of the hotshoe to pc synch adapters. Will see how it works when it arrives if nobody buys the ramperpro before then. Kind of surprised nobody has bought it yet. Is everyone waiting to try the one on tour before buying, or is $100 off retail price not enough of a discount? It hasn't even been used yet!

If anyone wants a more economical solution, my little bramper and my JSR ramping intervalometer are still for sale. You can have either for $100. I'll even ship any of these free within the US.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:05 am

The adapter arrived. It is for a camera with no hotshoe, you can plug it into the pc socket and it gives you a hotshoe.

Unfortunately, what I need is an adapter that goes in the hotshoe and it gives you a pc socket.

Does anyone have a link to one that works with Canon 6D ?

Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:50 pm

Like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USC-1-Flash-Hot ... 4ada62ca0f

Or this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SC-2-Flash- ... 2c76068238

Ebay search: flash hotshoe sync

Pretty sure these work with just about any camera. I have a 2 I used with my canons (various models) and all seemed to work fine.
These are cheap chinese ones though so... you know, always get two or three.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:19 am

sciencelookers - this was my mistake, and I apologize. I entered the wrong part number when I searched, and linked to the wrong item. I edited the post so it now links to the correct part, and I've sent you a PM with my email address so I can send the right part to you.

Greg

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Scotchtape, I had a look at the links. I think both of them are for what I just purchased, they plug into synch and give you a hotshoe. I need one that goes in the hotshoe and gives you a synch socket.

Thanks for the offer Gregory, what I really need is a link to the right part.

Is there anyone who has successfully used Ramperpro with a 6D? What adapter did you use?

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:23 am

sciencelookers wrote:
Scotchtape, I had a look at the links. I think both of them are for what I just purchased, they plug into synch and give you a hotshoe. I need one that goes in the hotshoe and gives you a synch socket.

Is there anyone who has successfully used Ramperpro with a 6D? What adapter did you use?

Sure! There are many 6D users. We sell these ones:
http://www.elysiavisuals.com/content/ho ... connection

PM me and we will work it out.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:38 am

sciencelookers wrote:

These go in the hotshoe! I use these on my Canon cameras!!!
You can see the PC sync socket on the side.

I put it in the camera hotshoe, then I hook up a PC cable there and then into my MX2 sometimes (intervalometer > camera > mx2)

I have used this with Canon 60D, 5D3, 6D...
The description even says "Hot shoe to PC sync adapter"

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:54 am

I just got one of these. You can see the contacts on the bottom where it connects to the hotshoe.

http://flashzebra.com/products/0268/index.shtml

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:35 am

sciencelookers, I'm interested in taking that bramper off your hands. How can I PM you?

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:49 pm

sam you need 2 approved post to PM someone

tt

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Sam, you can email me at

Sciencelookers@aol.com

Its still for sale. You can also buy it directly from the ebay sale here;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ramperpro-bulb- ... 35dc6ff293

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:40 am