It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:23 pm

FS: Canon 5D + Grip + More [Sold] 

Post FS: Canon 5D + Grip + More [Sold]
Hey Guys,

I've decided to part ways with my original Canon 5D to help finance the purchase of a new 5DII body.

It is in excellent working condition, and has served me quite well over the past couple of years. The shutter went on it at the end of last summer, and I had it replaced by Canon under my friend's CPS plan. I would estimate that it has less than 4,000 actuations on it since the shutter was replaced, so it has quite a bit of life left in it before the shutter will go again. I would say that it is in good condition, cosmetically. Mechanically it is in excellent condition.

Included Accessories: Canon BG-E4 Battery grip, Canon DC coupler (dummy battery) and AC adapter, Battery Charger, Three Canon BP 511A batteries, and the original box with manuals, CDs, camera strap, etc.

Something that might be of interest here is my DC field power solution - A modified Canon battery, with 12V DC converter, and a pigtail to attach it to a 12V battery. I'm only making this available here on Timescapes, not in the ebay auction, so if the camera sells outside of Timescapes I would be happy to hook someone on here up with this little bit of kit. It will work on any Canon DSLR that uses the BP 511A battery.

eBay Auction here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT
Starting Price $850, Buy it Now $1,200

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:37 am

Post Re: FS: Canon 5D + Grip + More [Sold]
I don't have plans or a write up for the battery mod + voltage converter, but it's pretty simple. I basically just swapped out the
cigarrette lighter plug for a deans connector, and then used another pair of deans connectors to connect the voltage converter
to the modified canon battery.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am