It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:31 am

Dragonframe 4 

Post Dragonframe 4
If ya hadn't noticed Dragonframe as had a big upgrade from begging April . Lots of new cool stuff especially the ability to take data from Maya etc . This was possible before but bit of a nightmare to do .
Not run it yet but seems like a lot of great sensible improvements of motion control side to .

D1

Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:33 am

Post Re: Dragonframe 4
Thanks for the post D1, it was you that got me interested in DF at version 3.0x ;) but DaVinci Resolve Studio 12.5 has just been substantially reduced in price to £239 overnight so 4 will have to wait a while.
Drone flying in Scotland in the early May, got a few hours under my belt so must start practising the camera moves, 400ft crane moves etc ;)
I see your latest mill project is taking shape, liked the Easter project bet that was fun :D

http://www.vimeo.com/user1214873/videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrReggub

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:30 am

Hi Mike thought we had lost ya too some interesting drone forum out there . Afraid i wont be taking to the air had a bad experience with a model plane once :(
Scotland sounds great dont think i will be getting their this year as still haven't found a replacement Defender . I am very picky when it comes to Land Rovers
Yeah Dragon moving on which is good i haven't had time to download it yet but if its a substantial development i might be tempted to take the plunge and get a DMC 16 as i really do need 16 channels these days .
All my spare time is on the router/mill at mo so motion control taking a back seat . But mill going well so should be done soon i hope .
Ah egg machine was fun to build but turned into a bit of a nightmare. Motors and gearboxes just couldn't take continuous operation for 3 weeks . So I am looking for 12 volt motors that can stand continuous operation 30 rpm and 10 rpm . Not having much look as suppliers dont seem to spec duty cycle.
Any ways back to mill making :D
D1

Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:45 am

Im using DF4 with Otto now, so far I really like the upgrades. I picked up the bluetooth controller which works pretty well, the cord on the last one ended up being a few feet to short a couple of times.

The focus control has improved and the zoom can be done right on the moco page. Otto can even send me text messages now when it is done with a routine. Not sure if it had that in DF3 i just noticed and set it up in DF4.

I had a bit of a hiccup with the DMC-16 as they had the wrong firmware listed on the DF4 page, but once that was cleared up everything works like a dream.

Limit switches are working now too.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:26 am

Ah thats good to know Chris those limit switches was bugging me .
Hope your Biolapse stuff is going well we all expect to see a mini epic in the near future . Have you thought of entering the 360 world that way all angles are covered :D
D1

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am

D1, When I was in grad school, they had a bunch of these big, Bodine electric gearmotors. Whenever anything mechanical had to be automated, we'd use one. Usually they came with a variable speed controller like this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bodine-1-50hp-E ... Sw4A5YyuGO

These motors seemed to be pretty much indestructible. You could attach one to anything and it moved it all day or all week with no problems. There are AC ones and DC ones with carbon brushes. Most of the motors on ebay are being sold separate from their controllers which is sort of a pain, but here is a link to some of the controllers

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... l&_sacat=0

Most of this stuff is older than I am but they made things durable back then.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:32 am

Cheers but a bit to big for the space available will keep looking got a year to sort it out :D
D1

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:30 am

Had a bit of a hiccup on the DMC 16 front seemed to have failed last week . Luckily i build a Arduino into all my driver boxes just in case of this eventuality . It allows you to run test and get you out of a sticky situation. If only in stopframe mode .
Dzed been very good though and sent out replacement straight away not sure what the problem was. New DMC with drivers out their to http://www.dragonframe.com/product/dmc-plus/
D1

Thu May 25, 2017 1:07 am