It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:14 pm

Charlotte: A modular real-time and time-lapse dolly system 

Post Charlotte: A modular real-time and time-lapse dolly system
Hello everybody,

I posted this dolly system a while back and got some helpful feedback. I've finally finished the development and launched on Kickstarter as of this morning. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1492262416/charlotte-a-modular-real-time-and-time-lapse-dolly

I've put a lot of effort into this and I think it breaks new ground in several areas. Firstly its versatile. It can be configured as a cable dolly, rail dolly and wheeled dolly. 2. Its compact. Disassembled, it can easily fit in a backpack. This means you will never have to miss out on an opportunity because you didn't want to lug the gear with you. 3. Its precise. The software that's loaded into the controller gives you better control of your timelapse. You can set the total time, distance and number of exposures and the controller does the math. You can also set a custom delay for long exposures. You can run a test shot with a shorter time to get a preview of what the final shot will look like. Also, because it uses a stepper motor it is capable of a wide range of speeds from 0 to 40ft/min without changing motors. This means you can capture anything from plant growth to real-time walking speed in the same package. 4. It's stable. The cable dolly uses a twin cable that's tensioned using a ratchet system. This allows you to span 100 plus feet over any terrain without worrying about wind.

Thank you for looking. Please share this project with anyone you think might be interested.
-David Koch

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:54 am