It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:00 pm

GA-X3 Telescopic Glide Arm 3-Axis Motion Control System 

Post GA-X3 Telescopic Glide Arm 3-Axis Motion Control System
Hello, my name is Ji Hoon Lee from Korea,

I’m an freelance designer & videographer at city daejun in Korea.

In the past few months I am dedicating myself to trying to design and build a new product for time lapse film and photography.

here reveal to my new project GA-X3.
next images is using the autodesk inventor 3d design tool.
I hope advice to me.

I'm poor english ask for your understanding.
Thank you.

GA-X3 is the most-used sliders and mini jib multi-axis motion controller that combines the advantages of as equipment motion effect of DSLR.

And core in system to folding in two stages Aluminum arm and operates in the flip action weight balance.

(Newer Motion Control system of Linkage arms type design. timelapse - realtime action)

This system is convenient move is Folding in a small volume, 4x range to motion of the length of Folding.

Telescopic type linear motion is remote driven by a powerful DC gear motor, and the pan axis driving in the oil fluid bearing is mounted manually can be rotated smoothly.

And adjusting the angle of the center axis of the arms(manualy clamping type), can create a variety of motion path of the combination of the multi-axis.

(High torque timing belt structure dual arm is angle of the arm being folding, allowing the linear motion to maintain accurate horizontal)

(Damping grease rotates the entire pan axis soft stable system that incorporates the thrust bearing coated), (Square powerful DC gear motor drives the whole Linkage Arm system. 360 degrees infinite rotation is possible to design)

(Counterweight arms of engaged the 0.5x gear ratio spur gear is driven in a manner which is exactly reversed and the main arm. This maintains the balance of the entire system.)
(The counterweight arm tip, it is mounting the normalized weights ring sus material, is possible adjust slid.)
(It is possible to accurately setting the weights in accordance with the camera that is mounted.)

(can create a variety of motion path of the combination of the multi-axis)

And Square powerful DC gear motor drives the whole Linkage Arm system. 360 degrees infinite rotation is possible to design.
next gif animation images is motion path in the GA-X3.

(Only Linear Action motion path)

(Linear Action + Panning motion path)

(Linear Action + panning + Skew motion path)

10 steps LED BAR is direction, soft start end visually possible confirmation.

Motor speed control dial is equipped with a variable resistance control.

GA-X2 is designed to allow time-lapse drive.
This is done in conjunction with the TE-x2 motion time-lapse controller based on the MX2.

(If equipped with a time-lapse panning motor kit with optional parts to manually adjust drive to the motor axis pan-tilt angle can be operated with a telescopic arm to 2.5 axis motion time-lapse system.)

Features of the GA-X3 Motion Control System

1. innovative 3-axis camera motion control system that operates as a linkage arm mechanism of unique design.

2. ingenious excellent driving stability in flip counter balance system of ideas.

3. limit sensor does not need 360 free loop drive design.

4. drive shaft precision gear and bearing applications, joint high tension the timing belt & pulley design, high mechanical stability to apply to the hard anodized aluminum parts of high rigidity lightweight structure.

5. excellent portability in the linear motion to the folding mechanism has been reduced to 1/4 of the drive range.

6. Real-time joystick controller and open source-based advanced motion time-lapse controller of analog ac/deceleration function.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:42 am

Post Re: GA-X3 Telescopic Glide Arm 3-Axis Motion Control System
A very novel design its almost a robot arm . Not sure if its re inventing the wheel though but i like it . I do find when you introduce this amount of horizontal and vertical movement you do need some sort of pan tilt head and focus motors at the end of it . As the camera rise you may need to pan up or down. Or if you are rotating what is basically a boom arm you will need to pan left or right to make it truly useful .
This may of cousre put to much strain on other elements but i look forward to seeing it develop more . Always good to see a bit of lateral thinking .
Cheers D1

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:28 am

DISPLACEMENT 1 wrote:
A very novel design its almost a robot arm . Not sure if its re inventing the wheel though but i like it . I do find when you introduce this amount of horizontal and vertical movement you do need some sort of pan tilt head and focus motors at the end of it . As the camera rise you may need to pan up or down. Or if you are rotating what is basically a boom arm you will need to pan left or right to make it truly useful .
This may of cousre put to much strain on other elements but i look forward to seeing it develop more . Always good to see a bit of lateral thinking .
Cheers D1

at this present Pan/Tilt angle is possible to manualy bolt(nob) clamping.
The GA-Xx series is plan that was to Low - high split grade version.
high version is 6-axis in add pan/tilt head and wireless follow focus system.
GA-X3 is entry level version for light weight and standard user.
I think be good if I'm try a little more.

Thank you for the tip and reply.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:53 am

I would also like to congratulate you on a very unique design. I've seen lots of motion control rigs but I have not seen anything like this. I will be interested to see it working when you have made all the parts and assembled it.

A friend had a convertible car with a hinged roof that unfolded with a motor. Unfortunately the car company didn't use bearings where the roof sections folded. Uneven friction as these parts turned made the roof wiggle up and down as it unfolded forward. I think you will avoid this with good bearings and a tight fit at all the joints.

Are you planning to sell these? How much would you want for one? Light weight, portable motion control is always something I'm interested in. If I can afford one, I'll buy one after you make it work. Maybe you can offer one without the controller so people like me who already own an MX-2 can save some money.

I make focus motors and a device to allow the MX-2 to control stepper motors. Maybe we can make a deal where partial payment can be in the form of these products?

Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:35 am

Thanks reply and My project for appreciate your interest.

Used to Industrial standard bearing in the GA-X3 of all folding joint, axis for anti-wiggle. (thanks I've reference to your advice)

I am presuppose trivial problem in the course of made all the parts and assembled it.

of course, I want to effect sale, but after prototyping and test. maybe for many a days.

I'm positive thinking about sell to only main unit.

I've follow focus system plan in the another project at the same time.
it's one stepper motor control in memories function.
I'm ever ready for share knowledge.

-always good luck.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:24 pm

Enough to analyzed design structure, I think so no problem.

I hope so all parts assembly is easily.

Realistic problem is product cost in the complicated system.
I'm think about simple(structure) design idea and low cost.
for example is counter weight system.
is it amply useful? abide by complicated structure.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:19 pm