It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:08 pm

eMotimo with Dragonframe in continuous movement? 

Post eMotimo with Dragonframe in continuous movement?
Hello,
I have a 3-axis eMotimo-Rhino system. I like to shoot some time-lapse scenes with continuous movement (and also videos), and I usually obtain nice results with TB3 programs, but sometimes I feel limited with its A-to-B or A-to-B-to-C modes.

So I'm trying to use DFrame with TB3, but I can't find how to produce continuous movements.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible (and how) to use Arc moco in non S-M-S movement with an eMotimo TB3?

Thanks, ciao!

Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Post Re: eMotimo with Dragonframe in continuous movement?
I don't think you can. It is possible to do some simple A to B moves by sending all the motors to home position. It takes a lot of fiddling with the max jog speed on each channel to get them to all stop at the same time. If you want full keyframable motion control for realtime video, you need mantis. Good part is you can start out by using your eMotimo and Rino slider. You can get stepper motor drivers for your eMotimo and Rino stepper motors and run them from step and direction signals that come from the mantis controller box you get from Gerald.

A word of warning, Gerald likes to do business the way I used to. You can't just go to his website and buy mantis. He wants to exchange emails and give you helpful advice to make sure you get the most out of your mantis system. Young kids raised on immediate internet gratification need some sort of warning that actual interaction with the creator of the product is required. Since you need to set up your drivers and wiring from the mantis interface, Gerald's help will be very useful to you. he has helped lots of professional filmmakers with their motion control needs. His experience and knowledge base is as good as it gets and he is very willing to help people who are learning to use this stuff. A very useful and helpful thing in a world where complex things like computer operating systems come without a user manual.

Gerald's site is

http://www.bfg-motion.com/index.php?p=1_4

Mantis is by far the most advanced motion control system for the price.

We are developing a quiet version of our focus motor for use with mantis. If you'd like to try one of the first ones, send me a PM once you have Mantis running. We can probably give you a discount if you'd like to shoot a demo showing it off.

You can now view and buy our products online. Emails and other interaction are welcome but no longer required. We have an extensive line of products for Dragonframe. Our site is

http://www.stepoutmoco.com/

You can see our products under the "shop" tab. You can also type sciencelookers.com and you'll be redirected to the Stepout site.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:03 pm