It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Radian 

Post Radian
Hello all,
I've been lurking here for a while and finally joined. Has anyone used the Radian for pan and tilt motion? I've searched a couple of threads and they were pretty old, back when the Radian was first a Kickstarter project. It seems to be a cheap and portable solution for someone like me who is just starting to experiment with motion in timelapses.
thanks!

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Post Re: Radian
Hey! Welcome! :)

I have a friend on Facebook who just recently invested in one, if you are on there, have a look at the "Timelapse Photography" group and it should be on there. If not, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZUvlHJzKdA

I'm a mainly landscape kinda guy who's trying something new!!

Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Had my doubts about these things but quite impressed by video . The app is great no fiddly menu buttons or knobs to twist and it using tech you are already carrying. If you just want a bit of moves in your timelaspe seems a very good option . Sort of thing you could get to the top of a mountain with very little effort . Surprised their hasn't been more reviews on this forum . Same with that Edelkrone slider no reviews somebody must have bought one ?
D1

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:40 am

Wow, I never got any email notifications of your guys' responses but thanks! One think about the Radian is that it sounds like it is camera specific, or at least specific to the type of plug used. So if I mounted my 5D3 and one day wanted to use an A7R, I would need some sort of adapter.

I've seen that Edelkrone slider, such a cool idea. In fact a lot of their other stuff is pretty sweet too.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:01 pm

Same rezcar, only had one then about your reply!

I must admit, I watched the video he did for a second time, and am seriously considering getting one in the future to run atop my slider (diy jobby, like making stuff!)

I think you can just get the cables for each camera from Alpine Labs so you could (At a guess) buy the one you use the most camera wise with the Radian, then if need be buy the other from them too

I'm a mainly landscape kinda guy who's trying something new!!

Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:15 am