It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:43 pm

GoPro slider setup that can last for weeks & weather-proof? 

Post GoPro slider setup that can last for weeks & weather-proof?
Is there a weather-proof mo-co time lapse slider setup out there, which can also perform a move over the course of a few weeks?

In research, I've seen that it's possible to have a GoPro time lapse last that long, with access to house power.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Post Re: GoPro slider setup that can last for weeks & weather-pro
i haven't done any long duration timelapses with my gopro. most half a day or less. of course the gopro itself is weatherproof in its housing.the only issue i have is the gopro does get warm inside its waterproof housing out in the australian sun. shortly i plan to start looking for a battery eliminator as i think that battery discharging contributes a lot of heat. as for a weatherproof slider not sure about that. i have a half built prototype motorized slider that isn't weatherproof. one issue is triggering the slider once the gopro takes a photo. not sure how others have solved that problem. (note to self google that later just in case someone has an easier way of doing it ) but i figure with an arduino and light sensor mounted up close to the gopro led i should be able to catch the led going off the tell the slider to move. in theory you could start the gopro and slider at the same time but i fear over time the intervals between gopro and slider would drift apart and you would end up with the gopro taking photos while moving how long before they drift apart is anyone's guess. perhaps some of the other guys can be of more help just have to wait till someone chimes in with a response.

Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:15 pm