It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:22 pm

Motorized Time Lapse Dolly Rental NYC? 

Post Motorized Time Lapse Dolly Rental NYC?
Hi I work for a production company based out of Brooklyn, NY and I came across this forum in my search for a way to get moving time lapse footage. I am much further along than I was at the beginning but do not have the luxury of time nor the technical prowess to build one of these myself. I would just like to rent a system like the ones I've seen posted here for a day or two and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'd be willing to pay someone to rent and operate their own functional dolly or if there's any chance of it being offered at a rental house that might be easier. Let me know if anyone has any info that might help.

Fri May 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Post Re: Motorized Time Lapse Dolly Rental NYC?
thatwascool wrote:
Hi I work for a production company based out of Brooklyn, NY and I came across this forum in my search for a way to get moving time lapse footage. I am much further along than I was at the beginning but do not have the luxury of time nor the technical prowess to build one of these myself. I would just like to rent a system like the ones I've seen posted here for a day or two and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'd be willing to pay someone to rent and operate their own functional dolly or if there's any chance of it being offered at a rental house that might be easier. Let me know if anyone has any info that might help.

I and a colleague happen to be working on building one now - what is your time frame for production? It won't be ready for a little while unfortunately. It will work on standard track and have a very slow constant speed. (these are still tbd... :D) Our dolly will be a bit different than most of the dolly's on the forum, in that it's oriented for standard track as I said, and does not have a stepper motor yet. We are designing it for a specific, fairly long shot necessary for a project in the works.

If you'd be interested in speaking some more about this please send me a private message.

Best,

Mon May 24, 2010 10:59 am

thatwascool wrote:

I just noticed your post and now that it's June, I'm wondering if you found anyone to help you out with this. I'm basically in the same situation, also in Brooklyn, looking into doing the shot on a curved piece of track.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 am

Hello -
Just curious if there has ever been a solution to this?
I am in the market to rent one in NYC as well.
Please let me know how you made out.
Thanks,
d

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:38 am

Hi

I do in fact have the dolly completed and have finished my first project with it. Please have a look! http://vimeo.com/23830325

You can send me a private message on this board, I'll do the same, and I can give you more details and specs.

Jesse

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:19 am