It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:54 pm

DIY Motion Control SIGGRAPH 2010 
Post DIY Motion Control SIGGRAPH 2010
http://www.xrez.com/blog/siggraph-2010-talk/

Quote:
xRez Studio will be presenting innovations in “DIY Time-Lapse Motion-Control Systems” in “The Studio” at Siggraph July 26th from 12:30 to 1pm in room 150. We will be joined by Chris Church from OpenMoco and Dynamic Perception LLC. He will be showing some of the latest hardware for the DIY Motion Control photography audience.

I'll be showing off the new dual-axis fully integrated DC driver (aka "DollyShield"), a new open-source 4-axis stepper driver board (beefing up the easydriver, 4x 2A stepper axes, all control through a single RJ45 cable, plug-and-pray, designed by Brian Schmalz), the break-down version of the Dynamic Perception dolly Stage Zero, and (if I can get it repaired in time =) my Pan/tilt stepper-based rig made out of 8020, Misumi, and SDP parts.

If you're in the neighborhood, stop by and say hi!

!c

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Post Re: DIY Motion Control SIGGRAPH 2010
Does one need to be a registrant to participate in this workshop? I'm in the LA area so I could just drop in. Until the other day I had not heard of Siggraph.

Thanks,

Scott

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:13 pm

Chris, be sure to take some video of all your gear in action...for those of us on the other side of the Earth.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:46 am
Site Admin

I wish I could attend this. Good luck with this, Chris!

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:47 am
scottbuckel wrote:
Does one need to be a registrant to participate in this workshop? I'm in the LA area so I could just drop in. Until the other day I had not heard of Siggraph.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, yes, you'll need to pay to attend the conference. There is a pass that is "less expensive" that just gets you to the studio talks, and on to the exhibition hall - I think it's around $100 or something.

Siggraph moves around from city to city, I wish it were in New Orleans this year instead of last, it would've been easier on the travel for me =)

I'll see if I can get some video - to be honest, I'm a little unsure still of how it all works out - I think there'll be a booth/kiosk, and that's where I'll be spending most of my time, showing off stuff there.

!c

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:22 am
timescapes wrote:
I wish I could attend this. Good luck with this, Chris!

Thanks! I wish I knew a few more people there too, there are a lot of you cats I'd like to meet =)

!c

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:24 am

Thanks Chris. I just got an email from some one else that is presenting on some Photoshop stuff and has a free pass.

I just registered for a free pass that says exhibits only, and this was a pass that Stephen Burns has a link on the SD Photoshop Users website. From looking at the website it appears that these sessions in what is called "the Studio" and there are three parallel sessions called:

Studio Workshops
A series of in-depth workshops taught the best in the industry in our new 15 person classroom.

Studio Presentations
Take a behind-the-scenes look at Studio related technologies, artwork, and concepts.

Digital Artistry Sessions
Use Wacom tablets to integrate your creativity with digital technology.

Stephen Burns is the coordinator for the Digital Artistry Sessions (some of those look very good as well).

Thanks,

Scott

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:26 pm
Scott,

Yes, I believe the Studio Presentations is what you're looking for... http://www.siggraph.org/s2010/for_atten ... sentations

It's going to be Monday, from 12:30 to 1PM, in room 151.

!c

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Chris,
I would love to meet you at Siggraph and see your new gear but I am working on a job at at Cape Canaveral so I can't attend. Bummer. Actually working this weekend on building 2 3D timelapse rigs to install the week of the 27th. I have more to build when I get back as well.

Have a good time at Siggraph and I look forward to meet you in the future.

bob@rcfisher.com

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:45 pm