It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:02 pm

Introducing Timelaspe Calculator 

Post Introducing Timelaspe Calculator
Timelapse Calculator was designed to help one decide the appropriate interval settings for timelapse applications. The unique thing about Timelapse Calculator compared to others you might find online is it's user specified dynamic interface.
This allows one to input the data that they already know, for example, the actual time you wish to allocate to shoot the timelapse sequence. Then the Timelapse Calculator does the rest of the thinking (or suggesting) for you. This allows for quick intuitive calculations so you can get the shots you want before the scenery changes and the moment passes.

Features

* Shooting Duration (Input or Calculation)
* Playback Duraion (Input or Calculation)
* Interval Time Between Shots (Input only)
* Shots to be taken (Input or Calculation)
* FPS, Frames Per Second for playback (Input only)
* Reset values, Sets all values to 0
* Cross Platform Interface and API

To download the tool and for info on installation and usage visit this page on openmoco.org

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Post Re: Introducing Timelaspe Calculator
Hi Daniel,

That looks like a nice little tool. Are you considering making Interval an output in a future version? What I'm getting at is the one thing I most want is the interval. After all, it's the only thing that determines the 'time-lapse effect' (the fps having only a minor effect in practice). I realize the appropriate choice of interval is subject to constraints (e.g. exposure time) and often is derived from experience, but sometimes it is computable. For example, the Sun/stars/moon move at ~15degrees/hr, and the angle-of-view of a lens is easy to calculate so it's possible to compute the required interval for such objects to cross the field of view. Stuff like that.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:33 am

Looks nice, great job.
I think you could add more to it like the iphone app that was created. Like hard drive space and card info. Being able to save setting that you like and so forth would be nice.
Just suggestions.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:37 am

astronomerroyal wrote:
Hi Daniel,

That looks like a nice little tool. Are you considering making Interval an output in a future version? What I'm getting at is the one thing I most want is the interval. After all, it's the only thing that determines the 'time-lapse effect' (the fps having only a minor effect in practice). I realize the appropriate choice of interval is subject to constraints (e.g. exposure time) and often is derived from experience, but sometimes it is computable. For example, the Sun/stars/moon move at ~15degrees/hr, and the angle-of-view of a lens is easy to calculate so it's possible to compute the required interval for such objects to cross the field of view. Stuff like that.

Hi astronomerroyal,

The Sun/Stars/Moon are a constant in motion and a predictable form of data so I math and formulas are fairly straight forward to apply to a calculator. Maybe this can be an addition feature in a future release. But things like traffic, clouds and water are not so predictable in their motion. Can you think of any other commonly used constant forms of motion that might you have come across in your travels that could be used to calculate an interval output?

Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:56 pm