It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:11 pm

anyone have any suggestions iphone app? 

Post Re: anyone have any suggestions iphone app?
Will this be an actual app, or something for a jailbroken phone? I don't want to jailbreak my phone, but I'd gladly pay money if this was an app.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:38 am

I have an iphone. I don't know if you can get the software released by apple. I probably will not jailbreak my phone to install this app.

Anyway, I would probably take out the timeline portion. Most of us can add 3 hours to the start time just in out head :)
Should the speed be a variable? (8x)?

Nice ob on doing th app so quickly.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:51 am

tmophoto wrote:

The other project that is way, way off in the future will have to be on a jailbroken phone due to the fact apple does not allow the use of the dock connector and i would need to plug that into some kind of controller board that would control the motors and the shutter on the camera. once that is working getting it to control all functions of canon cameras would be next.

t

That's why remote control applications are done on pocket PC/windows mobile. :)

Automate 1.0 is pretty cool how it downloads the program from the pocket PC to the mount to execute. The hand held software has direct control of the mount (up, down, left, right, half shutter press, full shutter press), but does not need to stay in range for the program to execute.

Oh, another point about carrying a PC is that full windows machines are going to get very small. The next atom processor will run the full x86 instruction set, so it will be possible to run vista on a very small low power device. Although I'm not sure about running Vista on any device..........

Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:47 pm
tmophoto wrote:
I also found a great way to search all locations of craigslist at once, -- site:craigslist.org "bibler" --- type that into google (its for bibler tents) replace bibler with whatever you are looking for.

http://www.craigshelper.com/ is a nice little app as well...

Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:50 am