It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:27 pm

Sourcing Dynamic Perception Belt, Pulley, Idler Bushing 

Post Sourcing Dynamic Perception Belt, Pulley, Idler Bushing
Since I already own an Igus rails and also an Igus carriage, I wanted to save a few bucks and build something similar to the Dynamic Perception dolly. I do want to do the OMEGA BELT Configuration.

I also already bought the DP MX2 controller and the battery pack, so I am almost ready to go.

There are only several parts where I am confused as to the dimensions and where to source the items.

Here's my list. I know I could just get it from DP, but I do need the bushings lower in height than the ones they sell since fitting them with the Igus carriage is a tighter squeeze.

1) Idler bushings: What are the DIMS of the idler bushings that I should get to match the ones that Dynamic Perception sells? Specifically the DIAMETER. Can someone point me to a URL?

2) Would this Pulley Work? The dims are: Pitch 5mm HTD, Pitch Diameter 27mm, 17 grooves, 9mm belt width

https://sdp-si.com/eStore/PartDetail.as ... roupID=346

3) Bearings, I'm assuming I could get the bearings from the same place as the idler bushings since they need to be fit together. Could someone pass me a URL?

4) Belt: 9mm belt width, Neoprene material, 200 grooves per meter, pitch 5mm HTD

https://sdp-si.com/eStore/PartDetail.as ... roupID=343

Is there anything else anyone could recommend? I assuming the bolts to connect all this stuff is easily sourced from Home Depot.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:24 am

Post Re: Sourcing Dynamic Perception Belt, Pulley, Idler Bushing
1 - It's a custom made aluminum part to our specifications.

2 - Yes

3 - the bearing is 7/8" in diameter. Iglide J, form S (pn JSI-1214-12) Note: the diameter does not effect the travel speed in any way.

4 - Yes

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:09 am

After buying the Igus rail I used the belt and pulleys listed on this guys website-
http://kokomonstrum.com/pages/diy_belt- ... olly_9.asp

I'm using a DC motor instead of a servo and it seems to work really well. I performed a vertical test the other day using a full gallon of paint. Not sure what that weighs but the belt and pulleys work great. I made other changes to his design which I'll post when I'm completely finished.

igus dolly system with the DP MX2 engine

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Is the Pitch Diameter directly related to the groove count? So does that mean that any 5mm HTD pulley with a 27mm Pitch Diameter will all have a 17 tooth / groove count?

What is the groove / teeth count of the Pulley that Dynamic Perception uses? Is it 17?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:05 pm