It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:15 am

Help! Open Moco tilt not working properly with DSM mount! 

Post Help! Open Moco tilt not working properly with DSM mount!
Hey everyone. I have the Open Moco software up and running and I can do real time pans without any problems but, when I try and do a 90 degree tilt downward, the mount starts to tilt down and then exactly three seconds after the "Accelerate for" duration, it tilts up for the remainder of the session. So, if the "Accelerate for" is set to 10 seconds, then at 13 seconds, the mount just stops and goes in the opposite direction! Then, after its done, when I press the up or down buttons on the 497 controller, they cause the mount to go in the opposite direction of the button I'm pushing (I went into Telescope Setup to make sure the buttons "Reverse Up/Down" mode was set to "Off" and, sure enough, it was set to "Off"). It does the same thing if I program it to tilt up. It tilts upward until exactly three seconds after the "Accelerate for" duration, then, goes in the opposite direction, and tilts downward. This only happens when I use the Open Moco software. If I just use the #497 controller up/down buttons, it tilts fine. Has anyone else run into this problem with Open Moco? Is there a way to solve this problem? Thanks.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:17 am

Post Re: Help! Open Moco tilt not working properly with DSM mount!
Anyone?

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:25 am
Post Re: Help! Open Moco tilt not working properly with DSM mount!
First of all.. understand that your asking about the 'timeismotion' software not the openmoco project. ;)

Here's what happened: The commands for the ramp are being sent to the head too quickly. In other words your 'steps' value is too high for the ramp time.

Here's the solution: On the 497 handbox goto setup>RESET and reset the 497.

Now. reduce the steps on the ramp and try again. REMEMBER: test to be sure and there are limitations but they are not built into the software! A 10 second acceleration is EXTREMELY FAST for the system. Usually I'm accelerating over the course of say 20 minutes...

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:38 am