It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Mumford MoCo Movement after Shutter Possible? 

Post Mumford MoCo Movement after Shutter Possible?
Hi All,

I can't seem to make my Mumford Moco move after the shutter release only before. This means I have to set a shutter delay of 2 sec, which adds to the interval, and still there may be some residual vibration...

Is there a setting I'm missing?

If not - what is the shutter delay others are using to avoid this problem?
Cheers

Murray

Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:07 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Mumford MoCo Movement after Shutter Possible?
Murray, just curious, why do you want the table to move while the shutter is open?

I have mine set at 1-second pre-flash or whatever, meaning the the table moves then waits 1 second before firing the shutter. I can't imagine the vibration continuing for much longer than that, but maybe so, depending on your rig.

Is there a way to program the table to move separately from the time machine? In other words, don't even hook the two controllers up, but see if you can get your table to move on its own.

This makes me think we should make a special mumford subforum here, since there are probably a handful of people like us searching for answers like these. I could ask Bryan Mumford to drop by the forum from time to time (if he has time) to answer a few questions.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:51 am

timescapes wrote:
Murray, just curious, why do you want the table to move while the shutter is open?

This makes me think we should make a special mumford subforum here, since there are probably a handful of people like us searching for answers like these. I could ask Bryan Mumford to drop by the forum from time to time (if he has time) to answer a few questions.

Hi Tom,

no I don't want it to move while the shutter is open, I want it to move after the shutter closes. On certain angles (particularly when it's on the side with an L bracket as in the overhead milky way time lapse) even 2 sec is not enough so it would make more sense to have the the movement occur post-shutter.

Personally, too many forums gets confusing and harder to find in google as traffic dissipates. I think Mumford questions belong here where they are now?? If you could persuade Mr Mumford to look over the forum every now and then it would be a good thing - just as the reps on the MFDB Luminous Landscape Forum really make it work...

Cheers

Murray

Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:52 pm
Site Admin

Oh, I see what you are saying. Yes, that would be a nice option. Until we get an answer, why don't you just just make the pre-flash like 3 seconds and cut an equivalent 3 seconds off your interval time?

As far as a Mumford forum, I just meant I might create a "Mumford" subforum here in our forthcoming "Equipment" forum.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:17 pm

It's easy to get the standard rotary table to move after the exposure. Use "force flash" instead of "pre-flash". In this case the Time Machine shutter contact time must be longer than the maximum shutter time the camera will actually use.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:25 pm