It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:41 am

Little Bramper intervalometer - blank screen 

Post Little Bramper intervalometer - blank screen
This is a request for help from any expert Little Bramper intervalometer users on the Timescapes forum. I dug it out of my cupboard today but it`s not functioning. The light comes on but there is no information in the display. Am I missing something really basic or is it kaputt? Thanks, Ian

PS sorry for the umms. I can be slow of speech sometimes :lol:

This shows the problem:

Password: LB

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:58 am

Post Re: Little Bramper intervalometer - blank screen
Sorry to hear about your little bramper. I have a little bramper that I never got around to using. If you can't get yours running, I'll sell mine for $100. Its going to cost $60 to ship from America, but if you want it, its here. Mine is one of the ones built by Tom Bethel, not a kit. I'll turn it on to verify it works before sending it.

I also have a JSR ramping intervalometer. This is not the kit, it is one of the original ones built by its inventor, John Schnurr. It is built into the beautiful case he made for them which you can't get anymore. Anyone who wants it can have that for $100 also.

If you want the newest, fully automatic exposure ramping device, I have a Ramperpro built by its inventor, Andre Crone. It has the main firmware upgraded to the newest version. You will still have to upgrade the internal A and B firmwares before it will work with Dragonframe. They cost 477 euros, which is 631 dollars. You can buy mine for 500 dollars and it comes with the light sensor for fully automatic exposure through sunset or sunrise, and it also comes with the motion control kit that includes everything you'll need to make it work with Dragonframe, eMotimo, or Dynamic Perception Mocobus. There is nothing wrong with it. I have a Canon 6D which has a hotshoe instead of a PC synch socket and it apparently doesn't like the Wein hotshoe adapter I had left from the 35mm days. I'll cancel the ebay sale if I get it working with a different hotshoe adapter, but its still for sale now if you want it. It should work fine with any of the other cameras listed on Andre's site. Here is a link to the ebay sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ramperpro-bulb- ... 35dafac7f8

I also have two Chronos2 controllers if anyone wants them. I should probably have a garage sale or something.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:36 am

Hi James

Going back to my question - is my Little Bramper toast?

I have GBTimelapse for long bulb ramping from day to night. André`s product would have been more tempting if I already hadn`t had one option in that department.
I notice Dustin Farrell (who is by a considerable margin more successful than I) only does shortish moves of a few seconds clip length with usually no bramping device. So for me one such device is enough for now.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:46 am

the screen is not soldered on , it just fits in a socket on the main board. Think it is screwed down on two pillars.

I'd remove the screws, lift off the display, then re fit after checking the pins for corrosion.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:46 am

Did you fire it up using eneloops only?

Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:08 am

I`m afraid my Little Bramper is now 6 feet under and pushing up the roses! So I`ll never know. But thanks anyway.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:14 am