It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:06 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Little Bramper intervalometer 

Post Re: Little Bramper intervalometer
Thanks for checking back in.

Where did you get your new sockets from?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:02 pm

I got them from Maplins. But any electronics store should stock them. They had a choice between 2 and 3 pins sockets. It is the 3 pin one you need.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:02 am

Right on man. Thanks a bunch.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Hey all.
Just a quick post to say hi all you brampers and I am wondering if you can help with an issue I have been having.
I have started to get some excessive flicker appearing in my shots.
Its new and I haven't changed any techniques I have been using since before it started.
this one attached was 8 second intervals and the flickering at the end was at about 444ms bulb.
note: there is 4 definite other flickers on there as well.
I had slowed the ramp to +0.2.... that shouldn't do it? would it?
Any hints? could it be x-time?
I use the twist lens technique so I am sure its not aperture.
I used to get the occasional one but I get more now.
shot on a canon 60D ƒ5.0 24-105 (about 35)

Any ways
thanks if you can help, and here is my last years best of (a few bramps in there)

Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Is it a single offending frame? Or several frames in a row? does this happen when not ramping?

I have had some strange things happen with my 60D, rom tiem to time i get an image with a 1.4/f exif with very little other information, it will be the same exposure speed, same iso, everything shot manual so it should be the same, yet i get an occasional mysterious frame that is darker than the rest and i have to bump up the exposure and add a slight green hue.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Hey Jack,
its just individual frames and its just on bramping.
But like on that screen grab it was 4 random ones than at the end it was every second frame.
I shot a heap of stuff last week using the bramper as just intervalometer and it worked fine.
Maybe its the 60D?
Whats x-time are you using?
Thanks

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:58 pm

that is to big of a discrepancy to be an X time issue.

I hate to suggest it because it sound like you are an experienced Bramper user. But the only thing I could thing is is that you are Aperture or ISO stepping and you are changing the setting in the camera one frame before you change it in the Little Bramper.

I have not clue what all the spike at the end could be.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:26 am

Zigmo wrote:
the only thing I could thing is is that you are Aperture or ISO stepping

Thanks for the help Zigmo but its not ISO stepping either. That shoot was all the same iso & aperture start to end.

Having said that, I do always stuff up my ISO stepping.
Last time (not this shoot) I even had some one press the key and i changed the camera and I still didn't do i in time :(
Does any one have any handy hints???
Would it be best to: pause the bramp - change iso - unpause bramp, rather than try and race it?

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:50 pm

It's much easier to do it the same time when you have an enclosure for the bramper. Its no trouble to do both at the same time. the bramper is easily a one hand operation if you build a proper enclosure.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:22 pm

... here's the case I made last fall - but things have been so hectic with work, I've had little time since for Little B :(

Attachment:
1014.jpg
1014.jpg [ 83.97 KiB | Viewed 11909 times ]

Attachment:
1016.jpg
1016.jpg [ 90 KiB | Viewed 11909 times ]

Attachment:
1125.jpg
1125.jpg [ 107.23 KiB | Viewed 11909 times ]

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:11 pm

I broke my PC cable that came with the Little Bramper. I purchased a 16 foot PC cable at a photography store, but it does not work properly giving me the occasional erratic exposure - sometimes the shutter stays open. Since I have two Little Brampers and multiple cameras I can narrow the problem down to my new cable.

So is there anything special I need to know about PC cables or place to purchase them or did I just have bad luck? Maybe 16 feet was too long?

Thanks!

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:27 am

Quick question - What are people using to house their new gen Brampers? I notice on http://www.thewhippersnapper.com/LittleBramper/Site/Tutorials_%26_Support.html they no longer fit the Pelican case which is a shame. Looking for something a little easier than above.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:25 pm

the peli case 1050 is nice, dont know if they have it with transparent cover

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

has anyone experienced the b-step randomly setting to 2.7XX something... i'm not sure why this happens, but it's caused me some problems when iso ramping and ruined a couple sequences. i'm constantly checking it now to make sure it stays at 1.0 before stepping... it happens everytime i bramp, but lately i've been catching it every time and after i catch it, and reset it back to 1.0 it doesn't change until i shut off and use it later. just curious if anyone else has had this issue

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Anyone know what the X-Time parameter for 5D Mark III should be? Thanks.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:19 pm

tlr wrote:
Anyone know what the X-Time parameter for 5D Mark III should be? Thanks.

+1
and light switch not working anymore on my bramper.any solution for this?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Did you ask Tom?

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:22 am

Hey guys,

I just got some time to start playing with my little bramper (I managed to get one, form the last batch :-) THX Thomas!!)

I followed the instructions and tutorials and have a basic understanding on how this device works.

Now for a field test... I am currently stationed in Dubai -> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/a ... html?n=776 . How do I setup my bramper correctly in order to make propper bramping TL? I am asking this because our sunset here, compared to North Europe (Netherlands) are much shorter. We also have shorter days. So where to start! :-)

I have the Bramper currently on B=150ms.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:40 am

Kelly wrote:
Did you ask Tom?

yep no reply..

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:51 pm

demartilephoto wrote:
has anyone experienced the b-step randomly setting to 2.7XX something... i'm not sure why this happens, but it's caused me some problems when iso ramping and ruined a couple sequences. i'm constantly checking it now to make sure it stays at 1.0 before stepping... it happens everytime i bramp, but lately i've been catching it every time and after i catch it, and reset it back to 1.0 it doesn't change until i shut off and use it later. just curious if anyone else has had this issue

I think what is happening to you is that when you put in the Bstep you dont put in every number till the end.
Like if you were doing a b-step of 3.2000. You need to press 3, 2, 0,0,0 then # to enter it. If you just type in 3, 2 then # the b step comes out weird.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:59 am

So can anybody give me some insight on how to get a hold of a Little Bramper? It seems that I showed up a little late to the party, but I don't want to be left out! Any help or tips on finding one for sale would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:25 pm

You'll need to write to Tom (littlebramper at gmail.com) and place your order at http://www.thewhippersnapper.com/Little ... /Home.html ... but I haven't had much luck in getting him to reply... pretty much since last September. It's unclear why, and people do get on with their lives; however, I worry sometimes that he became discouraged after I tried getting him and his brilliant Little Bramper introduced to Promote Systems. Promote Systems has since built in an Intervalometer of their own design into the exiting Promote unit; however, I have not had much time to work on experiments testing one system or the other. Most of my time was spent on designing and fabricating an enclosure for Tom's PCB and other loose parts with Tom's kind and helpful comments / feedback - but that was last August and September.

Kelly

Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:12 am

I would like to have gotten the little bramper, but I couldn't get one so I got the Promote with the bulb-ramping kit --> http://bit.ly/OYvoWO. Cost is way different and too bad the little bramper is not around right now for me. But, Promote has some solid products with great support, so I'm happy with that system and would recommend it.

Sincerely,
Lars

Lars Lentz
http://larslentzphotography.com

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:31 am

has anybody had the problem that the interval time is going down as expected but the bulb time gets stuck open?
I can´t seem to get it going again unless I press the bulb button in the board itself next to the light.
I am trying to do a simple test and run into this issue.
If you know of a fix or workaround I would appreciate it
Rafael

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:18 am

In case you run into this i found this on the LB website

Problem: The shutter opens but never closes.
Solution: Little Bramper is waiting to see the `shutter has opened’ signal from the camera’s PC socket.
This will occur if the camera (for some reason) didn’t fire a shot. Also, if this connection is faulty, Little Bramper will never realize it needs to start timing the exposure. If the camera did fire, check the PC cable.
The `shutter has opened’ signal is actually the same signal that fires an external flash unit - on some cameras (e.g. 7D) there’s a menu option (Custom Function 7: Enable flash to fire) that allows you to enable/disable an external flash unit. Make sure you have this enabled.
When Little Bramper freezes like this, you can press the SHUTTER button on the Little Bramper circuit board, and this will simulate the shutter signal, unfreezing Little Bramper.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:35 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13