It is currently Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:27 pm

Intervalometer with input jack going into it? 

Post Intervalometer with input jack going into it?
Hey guy, great site you have here. I've been visiting for a long time now to see all the great work.

I once found a post link to an intervalometer that had an input jack going into it along with one going out to the camera.

I have desperately needed a system to trigger the intervalometer remotely with my Yongyuo 602 wireless trigger, since then and can't for the life of me find that again. On top of timelapse, it would also allow me to do burst shots for a set amount of time.

Do any of you have an idea as to what I could use? My setup requires that I am far away from the camera when I set if off.

I am using a Canon 60D.

Thanks!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:13 am

Post Re: Intervalometer with input jack going into it?
The Yongnuo MC-36R is probably your best bet if you need timelapse, bursts, and wireless all in one unit.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:27 am

Kaouthia wrote:
The Yongnuo MC-36R is probably your best bet if you need timelapse, bursts, and wireless all in one unit.

Holy cow! How did I ever miss that!

Thank you so much for the link.

Only thing that may bug me is that the intervalometer needs to be in control of the camera remotely the whole time. I can't just fire it off with my trigger and leave out of sight. Their setup is kind of opposite of what I thought it would be.

Does anyone know of intervalometers that have just a regular input jack, so I can use my tiny wireless trigger to a receiver to the intervalometer to my camera? That would be most ideal in my world, as I don't need the giant device in my hand and can trigger and forget.

Thanks again!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:51 am

I'm not sure what you mean.

The MC-36R is basically a regular intervalometer with an RF-602 built in (although not compatible with RF-602, sadly - I tried to see if I could get it to trigger 3 cameras simultaneously with my RF-602 receivers).

All I did, was stick a lanyard on the MC-36R transmitter and hang it around my neck, then it's always with me (or I can hang it off the tripod or whatever if I know I'm going to be wandering out of range). I had it shooting for around 7 hours today non-stop on the D300s, while I got on with stuff, no problems.

You just tell it to start when you want it to start, and stop when you want it to stop.

If I understand what I think you're asking for, I'm not sure it exists. Any remote control for an intervalometer would need to also contain the majority of the features of the intervalometer (duration, interval, delay, etc) so you could start and stop it with the right settings - which is already kinda built into the MC-36R transmitter, heh.

You could possibly hack an MC-36R transmitter and an RF-602 receiver together to the start/stop button (with a little electronic trickery in between), but it's probably not the most ideal solution. The MC-36R transmitter really isn't all that big. It's the same size as the Nikon MC-36, on which it's based, but wireless (although it'll operate wired too if you need it to).

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:36 am

Kaouthia wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean.

The MC-36R is basically a regular intervalometer with an RF-602 built in (although not compatible with RF-602, sadly - I tried to see if I could get it to trigger 3 cameras simultaneously with my RF-602 receivers).

All I did, was stick a lanyard on the MC-36R transmitter and hang it around my neck, then it's always with me (or I can hang it off the tripod or whatever if I know I'm going to be wandering out of range). I had it shooting for around 7 hours today non-stop on the D300s, while I got on with stuff, no problems.

You just tell it to start when you want it to start, and stop when you want it to stop.

If I understand what I think you're asking for, I'm not sure it exists. Any remote control for an intervalometer would need to also contain the majority of the features of the intervalometer (duration, interval, delay, etc) so you could start and stop it with the right settings - which is already kinda built into the MC-36R transmitter, heh.

You could possibly hack an MC-36R transmitter and an RF-602 receiver together to the start/stop button (with a little electronic trickery in between), but it's probably not the most ideal solution. The MC-36R transmitter really isn't all that big. It's the same size as the Nikon MC-36, on which it's based, but wireless (although it'll operate wired too if you need it to).

I could probably get away with this system. Do you find the transmission range is as good as the 602 wireless triggers? Mine can go up to 300 feet very easily.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:57 am

To be honest, I haven't really tested its distance limits all that much. Most I've needed to be away from it is about 20-30ft.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:00 pm

I'm late as usual, but the DigiSnap 2700 has an input trigger ....

Thu May 19, 2011 7:32 pm