It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:23 pm

timelapse + vs little bramper 

Post timelapse + vs little bramper
Apologies if this question has already been asked, but making a search I did not find any results...
I am about to order an intervalometer for time lapse and what's more important to me is the bulb and iso ramping.
What are the substantial difference between these two? Why should I prefer one over the other?
I am planning to use the intervalometer along with the MX2 and stage zero by dynamic perception.
I have a full frame Canon 1Ds mk3 and a 1D mk4.
Any suggestion will be much appreciated, even towards other intervalometers.

Thanks and happy shooting to everyone!
Guido

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:58 am

Post Re: timelapse + vs little bramper
as far as im aware the little bramper is currently sold out and not being produced any more and the timelapse + isnt properly realised yet, i think the people who invested still havent recieved there prototype models yet.

hence why i have neither!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:39 am

well this is frustrating as after much research I didn't seem to be able to find anything good.
Any similar good product out there?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:30 am

im not the person to ask really but as far as i know there isnt an 'automatic' bulb ramper as good as the bramper, and the timelapse + is yet to be seen really but looks like the best alternative, im looking foward to getting one if the reviews are good

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:11 am

Consider also the Promote, which has been around for a while and recently added automatic bulb ramping. We do recommend it for those that are OK with non-open-source solutions here at DP.

!c

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:59 am

thanks for the link, looks good specially if it now supports bulb ramping. a bit expensive but then i suppose thats only because the LB and TL+ are pretty cheap for what they are

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:19 am

shutterdrone wrote:
Consider also the Promote, which has been around for a while and recently added automatic bulb ramping. We do recommend it for those that are OK with non-open-source solutions here at DP.

!c

Ive heard they offer bulb ramping, but i have not seen any feedback on it. Have you by chance used one?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:54 am

Jack Ripper wrote:
Ive heard they offer bulb ramping, but i have not seen any feedback on it. Have you by chance used one?

Not me personally (I only have time to keep our operations running and write software/design hardware these days, it seems =), but Artyem has been working directly with Jay on designing it, and Jay's word to me was "This will be better than anything we've seen so far." I believe we'll actually be doing some videos on the subject soon.

!c

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:04 pm

i've used the promote on many of the HDR timelapses i shot this year and also the manual bulb ramping feature on 3 shots in my Timelapse Reel 2012
i personally don't like automatic bulb ramping modes... they produce too much flicker... and for an automatic mode magic lantern is good enough...

unfortunately both... magic lantern and also the promote control lack on some key-features for manual bulb ramping that only the little bramper offers...
THE most awaited feature for me on both bulb ramping "devices" is interval ramping... that is something only the little bramper can achieve... so far...
but artyem from promote said that they'll think about implementing it on some of the next updates... we'll see...

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:47 pm