It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:36 pm

Little Bramper help 

Post Little Bramper help
Not sure if anyone could help me with this.

I am running it off a 60D so have bought the extra cables needed. When I press the star key to start shooting the shutter opens but it never shuts off and the bulb time doesn't count down on the bramper. Do you know what I may be doing wrong?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:33 am

Post Re: Little Bramper help
hmm sounds like a connection problem...
be sure you are in bulb mode, make sure your batteries are fresh and doublecheck the connections.
sometimes i have a similar problem with the bramper and normaly its because of a weak pc/flash connection..
ah and check the x-time - dont think thats the problem, but who knows...

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:49 am

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am in bulb mode, thought it may be connection as I am going through a PC hot shoe adaptor. Would it be best to buy another cable or a better hot shoe adapter?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:53 am

ah ok, just checked the connection ports of the 60d. theres is no port for a flash, so you have go with a pc hot shoe adaptor, right?
hmm sound like thats the problem, cause the bramper doesn't recognize that the shutter already opened...
i would go into a store with the bramper and try other hot shoe adaptors, which may be work...

just found this on the bramper site
[size=50]Canon cameras with PC sockets (mid- and high-end dSLR bodies):

I use it successfully on my 5D Mark 2, 40D.

Known to also work on 1D Mark 4, 7D, 60D(see note), 50D, 30D.

Known to work on Digital Rebels (adapters required, see below): 300D, 350D, 500D

Little Bramper will fire any Canon camera with the proprietary N3 remote socket (5D Mark 2, 40D, 7D etc.)

Suitability test: With your camera in Bulb mode, if you can manually (i.e. using finger) achieve exposures of 1/10s then Little Bramper will probably work well. Hint: to estimate exposure times in bulb mode, find a comparably exposed image using Manual mode (same f-stop, ISO).

I expect it to work on all current xxD, xD bodies. However, I cannot guarantee compatibility until I’ve tried each camera model myself. Please understand that there’s a risk of incompatibility. Note: the new 60D lacks a PC socket and uses a 2.5mm miniphone connector - not the proprietary Canon N3.

Canon cameras without PC sockets (Digital Rebels):

Canon’s Digital Rebels (300D/350D etc.) do not have a PC socket and therefore require a `hotshoe to PC adapter’. Also a 2.5mm male sub-miniphone to 3.5mm miniphone cable or adapter is required for the camera remote socket. You will need to supply these connectors yourself. Other than that, I can confirm that it works on the 300D and 350D. It does not work well on the 550D which appears to have a very slow bulb response. Other Rebels models untested.
[/size]

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:09 am

Thanks again.

I saw that on site and that is where I chose what cables to get. I bought a cheap hot shoe so maybe that is it, I will try with a better one in store.

Cheers

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:29 am

I have also now tried just using it as a regular intervalometer with the terminator plug in. I set it to take 20 frames as a test and out of two runs at this it fired two shots, so it does seem to be communicating with the camera but not as it should. Has anyone had this problem?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:34 am

have you tried manual or av mode for this?
i think this should work, even without the terminator

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:43 am

I've tried both modes with and without the terminator!

I have emailed tom but not sure if he is still travelling

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:46 am