It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:01 am

Custom accessories for Stage Zero dolly 

Post Custom accessories for Stage Zero dolly
I never liked piling up two P/T heads when making dolly moves with the track at an angle. I looked around for a tiltplate for it but the motors placement on top of the trolley would interfere with it. Also, affordable ones were kind of flimsy stamped metal and more solid ones cost a lot. So I made this. The top, bottom and struts are molded plastic and the tracks for securing the struts are 80/20 channel. Mine has this rough texture made by sanding the top in two directions with rough grit sandpaper. This gives it a nonslip surface I like because it makes my P/T head more secure. Since they are hand made, you can get yours milled flat for a small extra charge if you prefer a more finished look.

Because I have several tracks for my Stage Zero dolly, I decided it would be easier to have a set of belt clips for each track so they could be left on the track when I switch to a different track length. These molded plastic belt clips are quicker to setup because they use dovetails to secure the belt instead of having to mess with the screws on the original DP version. These also have strong magnets molded into the clip and the dovetail so they stay put while you are threading the belt onto the trolley's timing belt pulley. They're slightly cheaper than Dynamic's belt clips so its easier to get several to supply a set for each of your dolly tracks.

I also make one of a kind items to your requirements. PM me or email if you want anything.

Attachments:
File comment: Magnet dovetail belt clips for stage zero dollies
Dolly Clips.jpg
Dolly Clips.jpg [ 25.02 KiB | Viewed 1625 times ]
File comment: Tiltplate folds flat on top of trolley so you can install it once and leave in place if you want.
Tiltplate Closed.jpg
Tiltplate Closed.jpg [ 35.67 KiB | Viewed 1625 times ]
File comment: Tiltplate specifically designed to fit Dynamic Perception Stage Zero Dolly
Tiltplate Open.jpg
Tiltplate Open.jpg [ 39.62 KiB | Viewed 1625 times ]
Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:24 am