It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:11 am

New Help! Forum 
Site Admin

Post New Help! Forum
I wanted to have a forum where people can post urgent help questions. Time is money when you're trying to figure something out fast or shooting on location. Sometimes other crew members might be waiting on you.

I would like to request that everyone try to keep an eye on this forum and to help fellow members as quickly as possible when they are in a pinch. You might need help one day yourself. :)

I am also starting to think that it might be a good idea to make a contact list here, where people would list their areas of knowledge (Mumford, Canon, Nikon, Milapse, After Effects, etc) and be reachable (only in an emergency) via phone. Do you guys have any thoughts on that?

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Post Re: New Help! Forum
Great idea.
Phone contact for me will be a little awkward for me for the next 7 months or so alas, but I love the idea of a specific help forum for quick answers.

Twitter Instagram Google+
Facebook Facebook Movie Page

Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:58 am

Yep, good idea! I hope you accept collect calls from Europe in the middle of the night :)

How about a member place inside the forum, where people can post their cell phone number and maybe their location/address? I would e.g. be happy to be a host if one of you visits Switzerland!

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:39 am

Michael wrote:
Yep, good idea! I hope you accept collect calls from Europe in the middle of the night :)

How about a member place inside the forum, where people can post their cell phone number and maybe their location/address? I would e.g. be happy to be a host if one of you visits Switzerland!

That's cool having a timelapser/guide/host etc. in every great location around the globe ! Hope to be in Sydney next w/e anybody know of any great locations etc?? If your coming to New Zealand let me know and I would be happy to help :-)

Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:44 am
Site Admin

Moderators, I would like to have a policy of moving these urgent "Help!" topics to an appropriate other forum once the "urgency" has sort of worn off.

thanks!!

Mon May 11, 2009 6:47 am

timescapes wrote:
Moderators, I would like to have a policy of moving these urgent "Help!" topics to an appropriate other forum once the "urgency" has sort of worn off.

thanks!!

How about 4 days?

Sat May 16, 2009 1:12 am
Site Admin

I think just use your best judgement as to whether the "urgency" of the thread has passed. 4 days would probably be about right in most cases. also, be careful NOT to leave a "shadow" topic here. i need to figure out how to delete these four shadow topics now without deleting the whole threads. :(

Sun May 17, 2009 6:34 am