It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Shopping Mall screens - help with rates 

Post Shopping Mall screens - help with rates
Hi,

A company that uses screens at shopping malls to advertise, etc, has expressed interest in my time-lapses. I have shown them one to gauge prices, a day to night of a city and they asked me what I charge.

I'm not sure whether it's considered commercial, etc? Or what a commercial rate is? Most time-lapses I have done in the past have been part of my shooting day.

Thanks,

Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Post Re: Shopping Mall screens - help with rates
i hope some of the other guys can offer some advice but for me it would depend on a few things if i was making tl as a day job and i was a known as a film/video dude around the neighbor hood say like tom lowe then i would charge quite well. if i didn't have much exposure and needed to make a name and get some product on to the screen well then i would go in cheaper, another aspect is how much time you input from start to finish and and what price you put on that some projects could be more a labor of love than profit if you can make a dollar out of it it's a bonus. personally i'd also have an interest in what their doing with your product, not sure i'd be happy to sell awesome footage of a bull chasing a cow through a field of wild flowers to find out their using that to sell condoms :lol: but that could be just me

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:18 am