It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:43 am

Possible issue in stock photography usage 

Post Possible issue in stock photography usage
I'm considering leasing out some time lapse footage of mine of clouds. This time lapse sequence is comprised of still photo files (like most others' work here.) And just recently, I also had the idea of using some of the stills from the same sequence in one of those online stock photography libraries (for still photography.)

However, I just remembered – you can't have two or more companies using the same image at the same time with regards to commercial usage. All parties involved could get into trouble. Though would this still apply if one company was using one of the images as a still photograph and another company was using the same image, along with many other similar images, as part of a time lapse video sequence? I'm not sure if the media the images were used in would make a difference here. A still photograph would mainly be used in print whereas time lapse video footage would likely be used on TV or dvd / blu-ray release. Then again, both imagery could be used on the internet at the same time.

Really unsure about the legal aspect of this.

Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:06 pm