It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:07 pm

Video Editing Programs Advice / Direction 

Post Video Editing Programs Advice / Direction
Geys, I can't afford Adobe premier but was wondering what you all would reccommend for editing videos.

I use LR4 for timelapse rendering but need a program to make a "timelapse movie".
I use PC mostly but have access to Macs
I was thinking of using Cyberlink Powerdirector 10
Any help or direction with or without examples would be greatly appreciated.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Post Re: Video Editing Programs Advice / Direction
there is free software available that might do the job. google 'free nle' (non linear editor), to find some examples

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:08 am
Site Admin

Doesn't adobe have new monthly pricing? You might also be able to qualify for student prices with Adobe? After all, we are all students of timelapse. 8-)

Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:05 am

I've been using Adobe premiere Elements (pre) for several years, starting with version 2, then 3 and now 7 (there never was a 5 or 6). I can't speak for the later versions (they're up to 10?). It comes bundled with Photoshop Elements (pse) for not much more money.

You will find many people who knock pre for being unstable and prone to crashing without warning. This was true of the earlier versions especially and seemed to be hardware specific. I've had very little trouble with v7 and have found it very stable on my AMD 4-core based system. Make sure you have 4G of RAM available (it's a 32 bit program so cannot use any more) and don't try to push it too far by working on too long a file at once. It can cope with a timelapse mad from 4k pixel wide JPEG images but don't try and cram an hour's worth on the timeline all at once. You must render regularly, especially after changes such as zooms, pans or other movements.

I've been very pleased with what it can do. It has been described as the most 'professional' of the buget NLE programs and is therefore a bit complicated to learn. I have seen it knocked for being too complex for a complete beginner. For lots of tutorials on how to use pre and an excelent forum on pro/am video editting in general look at muvipix.com

Kit

Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:43 am

Thanks for the ideas I appreciate it. I will have to check out the adobe student ed when I go back to school in the Fall. For now Ill sure for the cheaper version or free version. Thanks again.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:44 pm

This is the Adobe student program Tom was talking about - I just came across it recently and am thinking I'll go for it. So much easier than paying the up-front costs of buying all those programs - only $50/month ($30 for students).

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativec ... 3497137080

Vimeo Profile: http://vimeo.com/user2097417

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:07 am