It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:45 pm

Need help with time lapse after sunset 

Post Need help with time lapse after sunset
Hello everyone,

Is it possible if someone could show me how to setup my camera to make time lapse movies when the sun goes down and the light comes up? I took some movies like this but when the sun went down everything become dark also

Any help will be appreciated,

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:41 am

Post Re: Need help with time lapse after sunset
If you mean how to take pictures by moonlight or starlight, turn up the ISO, which is the cameras sensitivity to light. For normal landscapes, try 3500 or so. To capture moving people and animals turn it up all the way and use the shortest exposures possible. Here's a link to a video showing how. Focussing in the dark is through a series of test exposures, using the cameras magnify button to zoom in and inspect focus after each test exposure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCkFkhNWsHo

If you mean how do you make a timelapse of day turning to night, you need to ramp exposure and ISO. The ramperpro is the only thing that does it automatically. You could pay full price and wait for it to ship from Europe, or you can buy a brand new one that hasn't even done a full day to night timelapse yet for $500, which is a savings of over $100. Its described here.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12152

If thats too expensive, I also have a JSR ramping intervalometer and a little bramper. You can google their names if you need more info on them. I have one of each. I will sell either of them for $100. They require you to babysit them and add neutral density filters or iso shifts at various times during the shot. PM me if interested.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:20 am

Post Re: Need help with time lapse after sunset
what about timelapse plus?

Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:49 am