It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Warehouse shoot ? 

Post Warehouse shoot ?
Sorry for my 1st post on the forum to be asking questions but Iv'e just had a last minute job thrown at me and Im rushing to get it together. One of the shots for the client requires a 12 or 24hr time lapse of a freight forwarding warehouse operation showing a busy period from empty warehouse to packed back to empty. Time-lapse is not a string area of expertise in my skill set so with little time to test would anyone be willing to share some pointers? Such as an effective interval time for such a set up. If Im going to leave a camera for that amount of time with only 32 gb cards I guess Im going to be limited to fairly long durations my guess is 60 secs perhaps to get it all on a card? Iv'e got power sorted. Its the interval time that Im curious about and what sort of effect Im going to get. can any point me in the right direction? Iv'e also been searching on the showcase section of the forum for similar warehouse type shoot but have not found anything yet. Has anyone donna that can point me to some links? Thanks in advance :-)

Thu May 28, 2015 2:14 am

Post Re: Warehouse shoot ?
I'd say the interval will depend on what the subject is - you mentioned 60 seconds, but if you have people moving about in the shot 60 seconds will be way too long to capture any sort of meaningful movement.

I'd also think in a warehouse environment, lighting may be a problem.

I think you need to decide what will be the main area of focus for the shoot - trucks coming and going, people moving around, freight being moved around, and plan your shoot from that.

https://www.facebook.com/KarlMullerPhotography

Thu May 28, 2015 2:33 pm

what is the expected final length of the video.....

stuff like that dragging the shutter works nice

Fri May 29, 2015 12:30 pm

Thanks Guys, Iv'e been out and done a few tests on the job. Iv'e gone with making shorter intervals and lots of different set ups. The client originally wanted to show a whole 24 hrs within a 3 min presentation which also covers many different subjects. So they will only get 15 secs or son on screen with the time lapse bits. At some point they will want a full 24 hrs condensed into a 3 or 4 min film piece which I guess will end up with 1.5 - 2 min intervals and will look very jerky. But for now Iv'e think 5 secs will do the job.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:21 pm

are you doing straight shots or motion?

Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:36 pm