It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:09 am

Hey guys can i please get feedback on this video?? thanks! 

Post Hey guys can i please get feedback on this video?? thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bQlmkg5 ... vKkd577Rtw

Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:35 am

Post Re: Hey guys can i please get feedback on this video?? thank
It is a great shot, yep even for an action cam. I've been researching these cameras and for $200 bucks you can start doing some really nice time lapse videos. I am trying to save for Tokina 11-16 DXII right now, but have been very tempted to buy one of these action cams.

Check out this one on Youtube done with a Sony Action cam. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-yuT-hsomA this almost sold me on one.

Ultimately the action cams are for action shots, sport related, mount on your helmet, motor cycle or bike and hit record type cams. This is where they excel. You can do some fun time lapse with them though even with the limitations they have compared to the DSLR. IE: I don't think you could really do night sky time lapse with an action cam and get the milky way or anything very clearly.

I was going to pick up a Go Pro but then I did some of my own research.
The absolute best bang for the buck as far as clarity and natural color and great night shooting is the Sony Action Cam HDR-AS15. It (in my opinion) is significantly better in terms of shooting quality all around than the Go Pro 3 white silver or black +. I find that Go Pro has tainted the image a bit. It has a warm color for its dark areas of the shot. It looks nice and probably helps for what it is intended for. The Sony Action Cam is a lot more sharp and the color unchanged. Wow looks like your Ski Video is now playing. Anyway -- I think I will wait though until I can afford a Tokina as I really want to do some good night sky lapses.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Post Re: Hey guys can i please get feedback on this video?? thank
I don't think much of the timelapse options on any of the action cams due to flicker that will, most likely, only be addressed in post. No lens-tricking. I would imagine you could get acceptable results on occasion though with steady conditions or controlled light. The 4k on the new Panasonic is worthy of review for normal film work since the frame rate is at a point that works. Thanks for mentioning the sony unit and I will definitely research this camera. The ability to keep these cameras in your pocket, regardless of the day activities, is what makes them really special. Compression on the GoPro is surreal and cards are hard to fill. The GoPro also has a flat-image option that's unique and I believe Lowe used their codac for Timescapes. The flat image allows for easy color correction. I know Vincent Laforet will use two or three GoPros around his shoots as backup and raves about the picture they can produce. If I only had a way to use my Bramper :)

Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:57 am