It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:48 am

What did i do wrong? 

Post What did i do wrong?
Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum for some time now. Thanks everyone for your contribution, i found a lot of useful informations!

Now, i've been trying to do a timelapse. I set my camera on the tripod and used this settings:

Interval between pictures: 3sec
Total number of pictures: 350

At every 3 pictures, i was moving the camera. Now, as you'll be able to see in the video, the orizontal movement isn't smooth. Why is that? Were the movements too large aparat one from another? Was waiting 3 pictures to move it, too long? I've edited the frames in LR and rendered using LRTimeLapse 3 at 25frames per second. Also, tried 30fps and it's still bad. And the last question - is there any chance to make the movement smoother in post-processing?

Here's the video:

I'll be waiting for your advices. Thanks!

Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:06 am

Post Re: What did i do wrong?
You need a motorized solution or you need to move it extremely carefully for every single frame.
Your movements were too big.

In post you can try after effects warp stabilizer, that might be able to do it but it will crop a lot.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Post Re: What did i do wrong?
CosminBaluta wrote:
At every 3 pictures, i was moving the camera. Now, as you'll be able to see in the video, the orizontal movement isn't smooth. Why is that?

The reason it isn't smooth is that you shot 3 pictures and then moved - I'm surprised this isn't obvious. scotchtape mention a motorized solution for a circular pan - and even then for a smooth shot you are going to need to shoot more frames with smaller movements. otherwise it look like a whip pan.

tt

Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:00 pm