It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:40 pm

magiclantern? 

Magic Lantern?
Yey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ney 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

magiclantern? 

Post magiclantern?
Hey folk, I'm so new to timelapse I haven't even tried it, thought I'd say hello. I've been watching a few timelapses and have a Canon EOS M, I'm thinking of installing magic lantern on it - what do ye's think? Has anyone experience of using magic lantern on a Canon?

Looking forward to getting into it!

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:18 am

Post Re: magiclantern?
i have ml on my canon 60d i use ml for static timelapses however when i put it on my diy slider i use an arduino to trigger the canon. not much experience with ml etr settings
however ml is a nice addition to the camera :D . i didn't have any trouble installing ml either done it a few times now. first time i was worried about bricking the camera. read the install instructions a few times got my head around it and just did it pretty easy after the first time :-)

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:23 am

ha :) cheers Chardie - I was worried too about breaking the camera but I've had it a year now and I'll follow the instructions as you say. Hoping to get it set up within the next week or so so watch this space! Arduino sounds a complicated, though possible(!) option too, I've a pi to work with, I've seen pi timelapse projects on their own without an external camera, they look pretty cool too;
http://www.raspberrypi.org/waterproofing-your-timelapse-rig/

another project to consider! looking forward to getting into it, haven't planned where to timelapse first - guess when you're working with a Canon you need to be there to babysit/guard it. I'll have a ponder!

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:36 am

It does have some pretty cool features although I always found the intervalometer to be sketchy.
Would always skip a frame or two here and there for no reason.

External intervalometers are like $20 and way more reliable so... I only use any built-in ones if I have to.
External ones are so much more flexible!

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:44 pm