It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:43 am

First timelapse so can you tell my mistakes 

Post First timelapse so can you tell my mistakes
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... cfMIwjXpcG

two video at links, with Sj4000 wifi model,
I could not predict exactly how I adjust the actual settings.
If there are mistakes, can you tell?

Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:45 am

Post Re: First timelapse so can you tell my mistakes
What was this shot with? It looks OK to me except its kind of grainy. That city has a real busy airport. All the planes gave me something to look at. Nice "looking out my window" lapse. Now that you know how to speed up time, try showing something specific happening. All sorts of things look interesting. Look for things that change so slowly you can't see them moving. Growing plants, opening flowers, melting ice. frost forming. candles burning down, food cooking, anything like that is an interesting start. Also flow of people or traffic, but look for pinch points, or where paths diverge into different streams.

Sometimes timelapse works well as a way to document a project or build. It helps to have several different views plus one camera capturing closeups of detail work.

That stuff is fun to start with. At some point try to find a story to tell with film, or something really unique to shoot. This forum has been around for a while. Its hard for new people to get much attention because everybody has seen a million of the "my city looks cool with traffic and clouds speeded up" videos. Not saying thats the right attitude, it just happened over time. I remember how incredibly interesting clouds and stuff looked when i first started. I did all the stuff on the previous list, many times with a clock in the background to show how long it took. Its not so easy any more. You have to do something different or artsy. Its gotten to be a tough crowd to impress. Think of it as a challenge.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:33 am