It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:08 am

GoPro Timelapse 

Post GoPro Timelapse
Hey all --

New to Timelapse. I'm trying to do a long timelapse -- about two months -- of construction being completed on a building. I was hoping to be able to use a GoPro that I have access to but don't know if that would be possible/effective.

Early research seems to indicate that with a fairly affordable intervalometer, I may be able to make it work fairly well. Any suggestions? Tips?

Thanks!

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Post Re: GoPro Timelapse
Depends on your budget. A lot of people use harbortronics housings for DSLRs. Photosentinel is another good choice. On a tight budget, Brinno timelapse camera might be an alternative. Its weather resistant and all in one package. Good luck and let us see the result when its done.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:27 am

Post Re: GoPro Timelapse
i have the gopro 4 silver it has inbuilt intervalometer. i presume the black would have it as well. it has both day and night mode intervals however you have to specify one or the other it doesn't automatically switch modes as dawn or dusk approach. once running you have to stop the timelapse to change any settings (say from day to night ) older gopros had scripting which might of helped however thats not so easy in the gopro 4. from what i have read its doable by some companies to write a script for you but they want money in return. maybe things have changes since i last did research. if your only doing daytime then that would be easier. the gopros come with a waterproof housing probably would need to swap the standard back for a back that had battery elimination cable as they get a bit warm in those enclosed housings with the battery removed halve the heat source is gone. when timelapsing gopro 4's take 999 photos then start another folder until the card fills or you run out of battery. i love mine (metaphorically speaking of course ) just need more time to play with it and learn exactly what it can and cant do. the 4 also has protune which is touted as being like raw files but its not (thats my 2 cents worth anyway ) if you want raw files buy a camera that shoots raw. i do like the colour and hd video not to mention the distinct wide angle look you get. but that could be just me :-)

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:54 pm