It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 5:53 am

Building a Timeline for my Timelapse - Doubt 

Post Building a Timeline for my Timelapse - Doubt
Hello.

My first post here. Hope to learn a lot. :D
I am from Portugal and i think i know the basics for timelapse.

But i would like to start with a doubt i have, regarding building the timeline for my timelapse video.

So, let's say i have shot, for example, 10 diferent scenes, all in RAW and with 150 photos for each scene.

After editing all the photos in Lightroom, for example (and not considering the need to deflicker), i usually export them to jpeg, and then go to Premiere Pro, and import each 150 photos sequence to Premiere. So, i have, now, 10 different clips, that i can put in the timeline and continue the editing and so on.

Is this workflow good? For a 10 minute video, for example, i would have to import plenty of 150 jpeg sequences.. is this a problem?

Or is better to go, for example, first to After Effects, import each of the RAW sequences, make some adjustments, and then export each individual sequence to a videoclip, ending up to have 10 diferent clips that i can then, import to Premiere and put them in a timeline? In that case, what should be the export settings to don't loose any quality on the exported clips and when imported to Premiere, they still have the best quality?

Hope you can help me with this question: Better to import jpg sequences to Premiere straight ahead.. or better to import them first to AE, export the clips and then import directly the exported clips to Premiere?

Thank you.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:41 pm