It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:59 am

How long to install update 43gg / milapse - 6hours + ? 

Post How long to install update 43gg / milapse - 6hours + ?
re milapse

Im running windoze XP thru a USB to serial, my handset says "downlaoding, dont turn off" and my Task manager says the AutoUpdater is "running" - but it's been that way for six hours now. Is this normal? I know that a telephone cable is a slow way to get data moved, but this seems like a long, long long time... when do I start to worry?

The instructional video is vague about the time required. How long is "a long time?" I'm running brand new batteries and the laptop is plugged in, but what do I do if this is some sort of hang-up? Eventually the AA batts will die, one presumes. Trying to be patient but curious what others have experienced when running the AutoUpdater program with the custom firmware inserted.

Like a lot of people, many of these components are new to me, and I haven't had anything to test the converters and cables with, either. Starting to feel foolish for not going more slowly and carefully. (What's another six months? lol - took me forever to find a PC laptop for "the right price" aka free.)

thanks
jd

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:36 pm